You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 1.5 has launched!

TonyB

I am yet another 1.4.3 user with no update path for Affinity Photo.

The AppStore does not show an update available.

I believe this might be due to my original purchase being direct from Serif and not via the Appstore.

Please provide information on how to access and download this important update/upgrade.

Hi Photo team,

Thanks so much.  Serif Affinity has set a high benchmark for other software companies including Apple to match.  Thank you for taking us on this journey with you.

One question though:  I downloaded Affinity Photo 1.5 sometime today.  Just now, there is 1.5.1.  What has changed??  Do you care to share the change log as you have always done?

Really appreciative of your great effort.  Now, I know that with the new code base, great things are going to come out of the Affinity product suite.

Cheers,

Nana

I was having problems getting 1.5 update/upgrade until I checked my Appstore purchases and re-downloaded my original purchase. Only then did it jump straight to the upgrade.

Now I have it installed and up and running.

Thank you

Purchased the Windows version, but the e-mail I received announcing it said:

Plus! Extra bonus offer bonus-pack2.png

As if the discounted price wasn’t enough we are also giving away a pack of Macros designed specifically for use with Affinity Photo. Everyone ordering in the first two weeks get this fantastic pack for free – you’ll receive a download link for them in your order confirmation!

Didn't receive any download link with the purchase confirmation ... did I miss something?

OpenColorIO!  Native EXR handling! This is going to go down so huge at my company!  I can't wait to tell them tomorrow. We are in perpetual icc hell trying to match our OpenColorIO profiles.  And we haven't upgraded our Adobe software in a couple of years because of nasty license restrictions.  This is fantastic news.

You guys rock and I am heading over to the Mac store to buy a personal copy right now.  

I've been stuck on PS CS5 for a while. After trying Photo, the layered EXR support (and price!) convinced me to buy it. Congrats on the great release :)

Win10 Pro 64/Core i7-975 3.33GHz/10GB RAM/GTX 1080 Ti + GTX 670/2x1920x1200
I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live - Jesus Christ

Erm, where's the technical support forum? Bought it today, full of enthusiasm, and it won't install. Instantly get a failure 'setup cannot continue because a previous installation requires your computer to be restarted. Please restart your computer and rerun setup.' Hadn't downloaded the beta so it's not that, and of course after restarting I get exactly the same response - no delay at all, happens as soon as I click run. After the failure the program compatibility assistant opens 'If this program didn't install correctly try reinstalling using settings that are compatible with this version of Windows.' Eh? I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit. 

• Staff

1.5.1 is already available in the App Store. Is there a difference between that version and 1.5.0? Because after taking a short look at the release notes, there seems to be no difference.

1.5.1 just addressed a couple of small niggles that we found - we thought it was better to not let users experience the problems, at the expense of bugging them to update 2 days in a row - sorry :(

Purchased the Windows version, but the e-mail I received announcing it said:

Plus! Extra bonus offer bonus-pack2.png

As if the discounted price wasn’t enough we are also giving away a pack of Macros designed specifically for use with Affinity Photo. Everyone ordering in the first two weeks get this fantastic pack for free – you’ll receive a download link for them in your order confirmation!

Didn't receive any download link with the purchase confirmation ... did I miss something?

You should have received emails from Affinity shop, the "Affinity order confirmation...." email has a sentence halway down which states "Your free macro pack is available from here."  the "here" is the link to the download, hope that helps?

Affinity Photo, Designer, (1.10.4.1198); Sketchup

Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit; Ver. 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1566)

Intel i7-4790, 4 GHz; RAM:16GB; Graphics Card: ASUS (AMD) R9280-DC2T-3GD5.

Graphics Tablet: Huion Inspiroy HS610; Calibration: X-rite i1Display Pro

1.5.1 just addressed a couple of small niggles that we found - we thought it was better to not let users experience the problems, at the expense of bugging them to update 2 days in a row - sorry :(

Is this update MAC only?

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Hi emmrecs01,

Currently yes. It was just to fix a critical issue with the Mac version. Soon there will be minor updates to both versions to fix issues reported/detected after Photo's release.

Thanks MEB.  Perhaps that needs to be "announced" somewhere (in order to prevent others posting a similar question?

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

• Staff

I do not think is fair launch the new version without update for the old customers the Previous version.

First take care of the people who bought the App time ago and then give it access to new customers.

So, where is the option to update from the old version to 1.5? 

thanks 

You should see the update available to you in the Mac App Store - this update is free to all Affinity Photo users! Just check the Mac App Store's updates section, failing that try removing the software and then redownloading from the App Store.

You should see the update available to you in the Mac App Store - this update is free to all Affinity Photo users! Just check the Mac App Store's updates section, failing that try removing the software and then redownloading from the App Store.

AND be sure to be logged in the Mac App Store with the right account, the one you used to buy the previous version of APhoto. 

Thanks for creating this excellent software with so many features and tutorial support.  Just "scratching the surface"-much to learn.  Allows me to move from Nikon NX2 and never need to consider Adobe products.  

Do you plan to advertise in print media soon or after the Windows versions is released?