You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dialog box "Change document size" does not work correctly

1. With interpolation:
When the size (e.g., cm) is changed, the pixel number and the file size change. The resolution does not change.
When the resolution is changed, the pixel number and the file size change. The size (e.g., cm) does not change.
In AP: There is no separate information about pixel number and file size.

2. Without interpolation:
When the size (e.g., cm) is changed, the resolution changes. The pixel number and the file size do not change.
When the resolution changes, the size changes. The pixel number and the file size do not change.
In AP: If the resolution is changed, the size does not change. And the size (e.g., cm) can not be changed at all.

3. Specification Resolution:
The unit of resolution of a pixel image is pixels per unit of length.

The correct unit of resolution is Pixel Pro Inch (PPI), and not DPI.

Hi Michail,
Currently the resize dialog is developed only as very basic function and I am afraid there is a long way to go for Afinity in this regard to satisfy semi-professional - not to mention at the moment - professional demands. I hope that the developers team is aware of the importance of the functionality of the resize dialog.
At the moment we must do the resizing in another software (Gimp, Paint net, Irfan View, ............. ........................ .......................... .................................. ..............................).
It's weird that such an essential function is not elaborated in software that would like follow in Photoshop's footsteps.

It's weird that such an essential function is not elaborated in software that would like follow in Photoshop's footsteps.

I agree. It is also surprising that there is nowhere on the program interface an indication of the current file size (in MB). Only the number of pixels (in MP) when the view tool is active. But this is less interesting for me.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.