You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Public Beta - 1.5.0.45 (RC2)

NIK collection error solved: it was not about Affinity Photo; it was on account of the balanced graphic features set up, chosen in place of the maximum features. Now everything is setup on the maximum performace and NIK loads without any bad occurrence. Hope this will be useful to anyone who had to stumble upon the same problem. 

Lenovo core I7 6700HQ
8Gb Ram
Nvidia GTX 950 4 gb Memory

SSD 256Gb

HD 1TB 5400 rpm

Hi,

Sorry but I don't see any download link for Affinity Photo Public Beta - 1.5.0.45 (RC2). I started AP for Windows 1.5.0.43 this morning, it notified me of an update, I clicked on Download and this led me to this thread. But no download link in the first post. Is this RC2 actually public ?

--Patrick
Hamburg ist der wahre Grund
warum Kompassnadeln nach Norden zeigen.

Hi,

Sorry but I don't see any download link for Affinity Photo Public Beta - 1.5.0.45 (RC2). I started AP for Windows 1.5.0.43 this morning, it notified me of an update, I clicked on Download and this led me to this thread. But no download link in the first post. Is this RC2 actually public ?

Yes, I can confirm it is public.  But I also see that the usual link in the first post has been removed.

I wonder if we are about to see another new version release?!!

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

So where is the download link?

We need a moderator to see this thread and respond, I think.

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Reading on Engadget that 'affinity photo for Windows is here' so maybe they released and removed previous versions?

Kinda a bummer since I'm still on .42 and no offense but I'm not feeling a 'release candidate' is in sight on that version. Still lots of smaller bugs, a lot of plugins not working, weird 'highlight correct' behavior in Develop, lots of issues with resizing reporting, weird zoom-level display etc..

If they pulled the release candidate for the release no way that I can test if the issues that nagged me are fixed or not.

Affinity Photo has such a good feeling and seems so close to a 'ps replacement' that I _want_ to use that it's really frustrating if there are still a few issues in there that make it 'unusable' :).

If the release is around 50,- euro maybe just buy it anyway to support it and see where it goes.. but if it's anywhere near the quality of .42 it's not going to be a product that I use a lot :(

I think https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/new-features/ may well be the reason for the disappearance of the latest beta/RC.

(Thanks to jorismak for the heads-up from Engadget, which sent me searching in the News and Announcements area.)

1.5 final installs next to my 0.42 public beta (not overwriting it). Can be good, can be bad :).

Have to redo most of my settings it seems

edit:

And none of the Photoshop plugins seem to do anything at all. They don't crash anymore, they don't work any more. Just 'nothing' happens when you click a filter from the menu.

They are also all listed as 'unknown', I thought earlier beta's listed some as OK? I know for sure Google NIK Color Efex seemed to work OK at 16bits. Now just nothing happens.

• Staff

Hi jorismark,

The Retail and the Public Beta are independent from each other. You can safely uninstall the Beta (it will expire at some point anyway) and use just the Retail (final) from now on. All updates to the retail version will keep your settings/customisation intact. You may want to export your custom brushes, palettes etc from the Beta and import in the retail version before uninstalling the Beta.

Soon there will be a new Customer Beta for those who purchased the retail version.

• Staff

Mark, I am missing something. Normally the new release link has been just below the date up above, but in this 1.5.0.45 (RC2) version I see no link.  Please help.  I got here from the prompt when launching Affinity Photo "new version available". ????

Thanks

Hi SA_Photo55,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The Public Beta has ended. Affinity Photo is now available for purchase from the Website/Affinity Store.

1.5 final installs next to my 0.42 public beta (not overwriting it). Can be good, can be bad :).

Have to redo most of my settings it seems

You should be able to copy the settings from your %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0 (Beta) folder to your %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0 folder.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi all,

The Affinity Photo Public Beta has ended since it's now available for purchase from the Serif Store. Users who purchase the retail version will be able to continue using the Customer Beta which will start soon.

Hello
Serif customer, in principle, I receive a message for purchase (as I received it for Affinity Designer).
I thought the migration would happen at the time of the purchase.
Do I need to uninstall the Beta version?
Am a little lost on the set up.
Please explain the procedure.
Thank you

As this is a beta release, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing.

I've always felt that the wording "or any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing" doesn't read quite right. The word "you" should be removed, so that it says "or any other activity that may be adversely affected by the application failing"; alternatively, if you want to convey the idea that it's the user rather than the activity that may be adversely affected, it could be reworded as "or any other activity that may adversely affect you if the application fails". Perhaps someone would care to tidy up the template text before the next beta!

In addition it is worth noting that files created in Affinity Photo 1.5 cannot be opened in Affinity Photo 1.4, which means that they cannot be opened in the latest Mac App Store version of Affinity Photo, and instead you will need the latest macOS 1.5 beta.

Now that "the latest Mac App Store version" is 1.5, the above caveat no longer applies. ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

So after I uninstalled the beta and discovered plugin support is now completely broken in the final, is there a way for me to download and install a previous beta that did work?

Not the case here.  All plugins that worked in the betas also work in this new version.  Did you choose to point Photo (Edit>Preferences>Photoshop Plugins) to the folder where the plugin .dlls are stored?

(A shame that portrait format images still open in all plugs as landscape!!!!) :(

• Staff

So after I uninstalled the beta and discovered plugin support is now completely broken in the final, is there a way for me to download and install a previous beta that did work?

Hi jorismark,

You have to configure/set up the plugins again in the Preferences as @emmrecs01 pointed out. As i said the Public Beta and the Retail are independent versions. They use different folders to store the settings etc.

Severe Memory leak:

- create two blank iamges

- draw something on both images

- use freehand tool to select something from one image

- copy this to the other image

- use move tool to thrink, expand, rotate

- make new layer half tranparent

- create layer mask

- use brush with black on the layer mask any you will see that the memory increases until limit is reached and then AF crashes.

post-41967-0-14016700-1481202658_thumb.jpg