You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Public Beta - 1.5.0.45 (RC2)

As Affinity Photo has now launched, the public beta is no longer available. A customer beta will be available shortly.
https://affinity.store/en-gb/buy/windows/photo/

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: None

As this is a beta release, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is worth noting that files created in Affinity Photo 1.5 cannot be opened in Affinity Photo 1.4, which means that they cannot be opened in the latest Mac App Store version of Affinity Photo, and instead you will need the latest macOS 1.5 beta.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes
  • Fixed crash when HDR merge fails to align
  • Fixed crash when embedding a rotated document
  • Fixed FFT Denoise being available during macro recording
  • Fixed Play button not being enabled when importing a macro
  • Removed Reset Fill Context from keyboard shortcuts
  • Fixed Live Filter Layer menu items being disabled with no selected layer
  • Fixed Help window covering the taskbar when maximised
  • Fixed Tone Mapping Persona View > Studio menu items having no text
  • Fixed status bar to always be visible if any UI is visible when toggling studio UI
  • Added missing Copy Merged menu item
  • Fixed Create palette from image when changing number of colours and then creating a palette without first previewing
  • Added missing keyboard shortcuts for New Panorama and New Stack
  • Fixed clicking reset on lens filter adjustment adds another instance of the filter
  • Added missing File > New menu items missing from Export persona
  • Fixed being unable to scroll macro panel
  • Fixed wrong History item icon
  • Added support for more macro properties (including HSL adjustment layer)
  • Added another fix for ON1 TIFFs loading into Develop
  • Moved default plugins folder to ProgramData (so it's now available to all users)
  • Fixed PDF export overprinting on fills and lines
  • Fixed crash in Xara Designer Pro when copying EMFs then pasting into Affinity Photo
  • Fixed Tolerance on flood select tool does not update when dragging
  • Fixed hang when clicking and dragging a font in the font list
  • Improved handling of Panasonic DMC-GX80/85 and Sony DSLR-A450/500/550/580

Installer

• Fixed supported file types not appearing in Explorer's "Open With" menu

Document > Resize Document      -      bug on RC2

The application still crashes if you put in 0px and hit the Resize button

as first reported here ...

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/28316-resize-document-to-0px-will-crash-program/

post-17958-0-57555400-1481123611_thumb.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Alas, it keeps crashing when I try to process images calling NIK collection. In the task window I see Affinity Photo still running, but not visible on the monitor. I hope the DMP crash report will be sent.

Lenovo core I7 6700HQ
8Gb Ram
Nvidia GTX 950 4 gb Memory

SSD 256Gb

HD 1TB 5400 rpm

I am looking for the Lighting Filters and I can not find it on the Windows version.

I seen screen shots and tutorials for Mac using the Lighting effects but I don't know where to find it and I don't see it listed in the Help.

Is Lighting not supported in the version for Windows?

• Staff

I am looking for the Lighting Filters and I can not find it on the Windows version.

I seen screen shots and tutorials for Mac using the Lighting effects but I don't know where to find it and I don't see it listed in the Help.

Is Lighting not supported in the version for Windows?

Hi LarryM,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Which application are you using? Affinity Photo or Designer?

The filters are only available in Affinity Photo (currently available as a Public Beta for Windows) which is our photo editing program. Affinity Designer doesn't have them.

• Staff

please add "clip to folder" functionality, like in photoshop, not just clip to layt...

then i will buy it when this is done!

You already can effectively do this

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/30759-clip-to-folder-is-essential/

I look forward to the sale. ;)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Not sure if I should still report on a bug that I've reported on in previous versions (but is still present). Maybe the bug already made it to the list, and I don't wanna come across as a naggy little turd.  :unsure:

Either way, I'm ready to buy as soon as this releases. My AD is feeling lonely now.

Affinity Photo still complains about unkwon ressource blocks it doesn't know and simply stops loading. If a future Photoshop version adds a new tag - the same will happen. This behaviour throws the whole forward and backward compatibility (that is so great about the PSD format) out of the window. As far as I know the PSD format was intentionaly deisgned to not have versions, but features. There is no reason to halt import because of an unknown ressource block.

Detailed bug report here:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/30366-psd-parsing-bug-import-halts-on-unknown-image-ressource-blocks/

BTW, thanks for quickly fixing the other bug I reported (32-bit PSD layer mask).

Daniel

Well i don't know what causes the problem, I have inserted the Log file from affinity here in previous releases.
My Wacom works perfectly in many other different softwares, only Affinity Photo has this little delay that prevents me to draw desired lines. The devs team stays quiet about that, i have not idea if they are still looking at it, or not. I am happy to look for solutions on my side also, but i run out of ideas what else i can do.

Well i don't know what causes the problem, I have inserted the Log file from affinity here in previous releases.

My Wacom works perfectly in many other different softwares, only Affinity Photo has this little delay that prevents me to draw desired lines. The devs team stays quiet about that, i have not idea if they are still looking at it, or not. I am happy to look for solutions on my side also, but i run out of ideas what else i can do.

We are still looking at this issue and hope to have a fix available for it soon. 

You already can effectively do this

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/30759-clip-to-folder-is-essential/

I look forward to the sale. ;)

Hi Mark, kindly implement a right click option to the pen tool for stroke to be able o make selection that can specify a feather radius (note it should keep the input values throughout the entire session) this to make masking using pen selection much easier like photoshop.

• Staff

Also about German lang: "Copy Flattened" is not translated. Photoshop (CS2) calls it "Auf eine Ebene reduziert kopieren" (German makes it complicated....) How about: "Zusammengefasst kopieren"?

Yes, sorry about that, the programmers sneaked a whole new feature in this build! There was no time to get it localized in any language, so thank you for your suggestion.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi Mark, kindly implement a right click option to the pen tool for stroke to be able o make selection that can specify a feather radius (note it should keep the input values throughout the entire session) this to make masking using pen selection much easier like photoshop.

Hi, you would be better making this request in the Feature Requests forum, else it will probably get lost in here.

Hi,

Request 1:

About resizing an image or the canvas size:

Would it be possible to add the option resizing by "percentage".

Request 2:

Curves: in photoshop you can add a point to the curve and set the RGB values fot that point to for example 128,128

Could this option be added in Affinity Photo?

Request 3:

Smart Object (in Photoshop) is a feature I use a lot in my workflow. Could this be added to Affinity Photo aswell?

Regards

Johan

Edit: moved towards feature request