You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to add keyboard shortcut in Macros?

Hi animationhalo,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Currently Affinity can't assign shortcuts to macros.

Let me know if i've misunderstood you. I'm moving this thread to the Feature Requests section.

Thanks for your reply..

And also can you please let me know How to delete some steps in Macros after recording?

Thanks again.

• 1 year later...
On 18/03/2018 at 8:45 AM, SvenH said:

It would be very nice to be able to assign keyboard shortcuts to macros!

I agree it might be a nice thing. Seconded.

I suppose it might depend on patterns of use. For example, I just created a macro called Rot180 to "solve" the problem I erroneously pointed out yesterday about rotating through 180 degrees. Rot180 rotates an image through 180 degrees. It's actually quite easy to use if the Macro Library panel is open, but if shortcuts were a possiblity presumably this macro could be used in any context.

• 1 year later...
On 3/26/2018 at 1:16 AM, dave2017 said:

I agree it might be a nice thing. Seconded.

I suppose it might depend on patterns of use. For example, I just created a macro called Rot180 to "solve" the problem I erroneously pointed out yesterday about rotating through 180 degrees. Rot180 rotates an image through 180 degrees. It's actually quite easy to use if the Macro Library panel is open, but if shortcuts were a possiblity presumably this macro could be used in any context.

What Dave2017 said. I just recorded a macro b/c Affinity Photo still doesn't have a shortcut where I can separate a selection from its layer - in PS that would be CTRL/CMD+SHIFT+J. I used that quite a bit in PS for all sorts of things, and Affinity doesn't have it. I requested it a while back, I think. Seems like a small thing from a UX standpoint.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 11:36 PM, nicolasbulb said:

Okay, any news about assigning shortcuts to macros? I can't see it in 1.8.1?

It is not there. Badly needed.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2020 at 1:01 PM, miss_c said:

Is it possible to assign keyboard shortcuts to macros (actions)?

No.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, please! Not being able to assign a keyboard shortcut to a Macro—the way you can for Photoshop Actions—seems to be one of the missing features that still gives Photoshop the advantage between the two, at least so far as I have seen for my workflow as I've experimented with Affinity as a potential PS replacement. I personally use it to drop a watermark in with one click via the Wacom ExpressKey Remote thanks to the keyboard shortcut and that knocks out several extra clicks to locate the folder, then the subfolder, then the file, the dragging it into the document, etc etc. Would be great to do the same in Affinity (although clicking the Macro in the panel isn't the worst thing in the world, but again it's just something PS can do...).

• 11 months later...

Please please please please allow keyboard shortcuts to be assigned to Macros. Macros become about 20x more powerful when you can trigger them with a keystroke. I had well over a hundred Actions in PS, and they sped up my workflow maybe 10x or more. Some tasks would involve triggering five or six Actions in fairly quick succession, which is a nightmare when you have to scroll up and down a huge list in a tiny, tiny Macros window. As it stands, macros in Affinity are almost worthless to me, barely more than a toy. Assigning shortcuts to them would change that radically.

• 2 months later...

Hi SansRT,

I agree to your request but I fear, that you will not get it solved soon. See the macro functionality, as it is at present, is very limited. Would be better to expand macro functionality first to a higher level. Perhaps it will help when requesting macro functions first and later on the shortcuts feature.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...