You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This is my second attempt at this question. The original has had 34 views and no response. I can't believe it is that difficult a question. Of course it's possible it's the reverse and so blindingly obvious that no one's bothered to take it too seriously ...........  :(

In AP I can create selections from a layer by cmd clicking in the layer icon. In PS if I hold down the shift key I can add each selection to the previous selection to build up a 'compound' selection. This doesn't work in AP because it's assigned to luminance selection.

Is there an equivalent or different way of combining the selections from multiple layers in AP to create a single compound selection?

It's a tiny thing but it's very convenient.   :)

• Staff

Hi David,

Its not possible to do that in AP at the moment I'm afraid. If you would like to see this added in the future it may be worth making a post on our Feature Requests page :)

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

Hi DavidMAc,

As Callum said there's no way to do this directly as in Photoshop. In Affinity Photo you have to use the Channels panel and Spare Channels to perform these type of operations. Right-click a Spare Channel and check the options in the second section of the context menu.