You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Public Beta - 1.5.0.44 (RC)

Hi sduccio,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Both plug-ins are working correctly for me in 1.5.044. Can you try to restart Affinity Photo and check again please?

Hi MEB,

these are the actions I took:

restarted more times

deleted the APPDATA/Roaming files

Unistalled and erased everything

Reinstalled

Reassociated the Nik folder to Affinity Photo

Relaunced.

In these attempts I did not miss to restart the computer.

On previous beta delivery the whole Nik bundle worked fine.

Lenovo core I7 6700HQ
8Gb Ram
Nvidia GTX 950 4 gb Memory

SSD 256Gb

HD 1TB 5400 rpm

Hello, when editing from a panorama came after a few minutes this error message.
"Unprocessed exception error"
After a restart I tried it again - itself error.

post-44324-0-17106700-1481048896_thumb.jpg

Win7 HP 64 Bit, AMD Six-core 3.50 GHz, 16 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Not seeing that here, using the latest (RC) version, both open and work fully, although the plug-ins display of portrait images is still rotated through 90 degrees!  :huh:

I just get this: LoadLibrary failed with error 1114: dynamic link (DLL) failed

Lenovo core I7 6700HQ
8Gb Ram
Nvidia GTX 950 4 gb Memory

SSD 256Gb

HD 1TB 5400 rpm

Can you upload the image to Dropbox? Even though it's a massive image, it should still be able to load it without running out of memory (which I suspect is what is happening).

It's not RAM, it crashes immediately before anything even gets a chance to try and load. Unfortunately this HDR is under NDA at the moment.

It crashes both when dropping into app and also when trying file > open

It's not RAM, it crashes immediately before anything even gets a chance to try and load. Unfortunately this HDR is under NDA at the moment.

It crashes both when dropping into app and also when trying file > open

Can you re-create another image which replicates the same issue? Failing that, can you look in %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports and attach the latest file from there (if you've started Photo after the crash it will attempt to upload the report, then delete the files, so you might need to make it crash once more before checking the directory).

Working good, here!

No marquee selection issues neither Nik plugins problems.

It feels also gained a faster launching time of the application.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

Not seeing an issue here. Any chance you could upload a video of the problem?

I found what the problem is. The default mode of the "Rectangular Marquee Tool" was set to "Substract", right after the installation of beta .44. I played with the differrent selection tools and it seems that it went back to "Substract" by itself a few times. But I can't reproduce it with specific steps.

And AP now loads my JPG files at least twice as fast as the previons version!

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

I have 7 pictures of 3 Aufnahmmen.
If I first develop the HDR recordings and then the panorama with InPainting fetched want the program breaks with error message.
Then I tried another approach.
Have all pictures (3 x 7 pictures) at once as a panorama and finished with InPainting finished.
So it worked.

Win7 HP 64 Bit, AMD Six-core 3.50 GHz, 16 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Can you re-create another image which replicates the same issue? Failing that, can you look in %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports and attach the latest file from there (if you've started Photo after the crash it will attempt to upload the report, then delete the files, so you might need to make it crash once more before checking the directory).

Tried with a different one, same res, but about 950MB, same thing. If I lower the res in Photoshopu down to 16000 wide then the file comes down to about 350MB and Affinity opens that no problem, although seems very slow even with that res

Tried with a different one, same res, but about 950MB, same thing. If I lower the res in Photoshopu down to 16000 wide then the file comes down to about 350MB and Affinity opens that no problem, although seems very slow even with that res

OK thanks, in that case then, it definitely appears to be down to image resolution. I'll create a big image and attempt to reproduce it here (I don't think it has anything to do with the content of the file).