You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I posted this before but had no answer. So I shall try again.

Instead of starting a new thread, it would have been preferable to 'bump' your earlier one by posting to it again.

There is no 'Insert Symbol' feature in Affinity Designer. You will need to copy and paste from Windows Character Map or (better, in my view) BabelMap.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Greek is not a font. Most (but not all) fonts include Greek alphabetic characters like beta (β) or omega (Ω) in the same way they include Latin alphabetic characters like b or z.

For characters you can't type directly from the keyboard, use something like Alfred suggested.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I can't reproduce this. As a Windows user you should have both Symbol and Tahoma installed, and as a Serif 'Plus' user you may also have* the Helvetica lookalike Swis721 BT. In Affinity Designer 1.5 on my system, the Symbol font is listed (as expected) between Swis721 BT and Tahoma.

----

*Or maybe not! I've just checked, and found that it wasn't distributed with DrawPlus.

post-8358-0-64282500-1481207213_thumb.png

Alfred spacer.png

You  isunderstand what I am saying. Take for instance Microsoft Word or for that matter DrawPlus. In the Fonts pull down menu you can find the entry called Symbol which contains all the Greek letters. My question is why is this not implemented in Affinity Design?

Are you talking about the Symbol font or something else? Most modern fonts include the common Greek letters accessible at the standard Unicode code points reserved for Greek & Coptic symbols (the range of U+0370 through U+03FF).

How you access them depends on the operating system, the system language setting, & so on. Usually, at least some of them can be typed using modifier keys (like shift + alt + a letter or another key on the keyboard); others may require some special escape sequence or another app.

As a Mac user, I can't help you with any of the specifics of how that works on Windows but Alfred seems to be giving you good advice about that.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Yes, thanks,  I found it finally.

That's good news! :)

I wonder if it was missing in the beta version then.

No, the apps themselves are not supplied with any fonts. They simply use whatever fonts are installed or loaded in Windows. (Unlike DrawPlus, Affinity Designer will refresh its font cache if you install or uninstall any fonts while it is running.)

Alfred spacer.png