You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello, I have just watched a tutorial in this topic here: 

which is helpful, but doesn’t cover the whole story. 

1st of all, if I press the alt key I cannot zoom out in the panel. I work on a "german" machine, is the key different?

But what bothers me more is the fact that I do not understand the window that pops up after calling the filter. It displays some very confusing stuff (see attached example). Can you tell me how to read the greyscale image?

post-27232-0-59828800-1481012518_thumb.png

• 4 years later...

The FFT Denoise filter is only designed for removing visible, regular repeating noise or moire patterns.
If an image dose not contain this kind of noise then you will not see a pattern of bright spots in the filter window but only a grey area with a bright spot at the centre and smooth transitions of grey elsewhere.
The filter window is a visual representation of the noise pattern found in the image, shown as multiple bright spots, and is being presented in a way that the user can more easily interact with.
The idea is to paint out the bright spots that you see in it, though not the central one. As demonstrated starting at about 1:00 into the video.
Choosing the Split View or Mirror View icon, bottom left of the filter’s window will let you see what effect you are having on the image as you edit the noise pattern compared to it’s original state.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mariestephensart@gmail.com said:

Is this fft denoise filter available on affinity designer in the pixel persona?  I am so confused!

Thanks for your help!

Marie

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

First, change your forum name to something other than an email address or that email account is likely to be bombarded with spam.

Second, Affinity Designer has no filters. Filters are in Affinity Photo, so buy a Photo licence while it is half price :)

• 2 years later...