You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Free tiling textures

AuthorAuthor

I'd like to provide a little Christmas present to the community, some textures to use in Affinity Designer.

textures%20thumb.jpg

I think I've spent a little time over 23 years creating seamless tiling textures. I gave them away when I was a host on a previous website, I thought this wonderful program and crowd might like them, too. I'd discovered early on that this is the way to get a bitmap fill inside a shape, and AD doesn't come with an assortment.

I've never sold a collection commercially, I'm not sure if I need to...this is just a fun hobby for me, to get a texture to seamlessly tile, and to make the texture unique. I have some wood and rusty metal textures but heck, you can find these for free just about everywhere! :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/opcma06qu19kunc/Textures.zip?dl=0

Let me know if posting this media is welcome or not. If it's a hit, I will post another texture pack after the Holidays. I have to design my Christmas card for inkjet printing now, no rest for the weary!

My Best,

Gary

new-AD-slug.png.458b94d5dc178383711ce27afd725aae.png

Thank you very much for this lovely Christmas present, Gary.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

• Staff

Gary, I split your post into the resources forum to avoid this gift being lost in a long thread.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

You're most welcome, Alfred.

I'd love feedback. Some day I'll offer a 50 pack on Creative Market for a pittance—I'm not even considering it at present, though—and I'm wondering whether photorealistic materials, or more visually adventurous ones come in the best. Input appreciated.In the meantime, why not share, a little voice in my head is saying.

And here I was believed I'd had my conscience removed when I was a child!

5-materials.jpg

My Best,

Gary

Gary

Thank you for these, Love the cubes, where would be the best place to store these within the program (Assets?)

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

You're welcome, Pioneer, MEB.

Gosh, I'm a novice around the interface at this point! I know how to create an asset from an imported bitmap, but not how to apply it as a fill.

With other programs, I create a directory of seamless textures, and then direct different programs to that folder.

I'm definitely open to other ideas here!

My Best,

Gary

Hi Gary,

I just found out your post and your beautiful seamless tiling textures. I immediately downloaded them and I wanted to thank you for putting them at the disposal of the greatest number.

Regards,

Reglico and everyone else who download the six textures: you're more than welcome and in the spirit of Christmas, here's a link to a dozen more. They're weird, but you can get wood and nature textures anywhere. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e7bxkn21ll0mgtm/Testures%20II.zip?dl=0

9-of-12-testures.jpg

I didn't have a window large enough to capture images of all 12 seamless tiling textures.

Ah. Such is life.

Enjoy!

Gary

You're always welcome, Alfred. What say we think about posting compositions here that have made use of a texture or two?

Mods: is that a good idea? If not, please let me know, but it would encourage forum participation, no?

This is coming from an overworked volunteer Mode somewhere else on the Web.

My Best,

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gary, I have been a follower for years and already have a number of your textures, tutorials, and other freebies. I am sure Affinity could benefit from your graphic expertise, how about rustling up some of your excellent easy to follow tuts?   

Hi Gary, I have been a follower for years and already have a number of your textures, tutorials, and other freebies. I am sure Affinity could benefit from your graphic expertise, how about rustling up some of your excellent easy to follow tuts?   

As much as I am tempted J Emm, I'd risk falling into the same tender trap as I did a few years ago, where I was paid to do X amount of work, then the charitable side of me kicked in and I added Y for free, and then Z, and then became unhappy and broke. :)

I'd love to create a tutorial, several, in fact, if I had Affinity's support. We already have a handsome full color guide, the Official Guide, in fact. 

Let me think of what I can do in the next few weeks where I have some downtime. Believe it or not, I just finished writing The CorelDRAW Offical Guide X7 on Christmas Eve! So I'm taking a short break and doing some personal stuff.

Thanks for asking!

https://youtu.be/PgHd3jJb-j8

Gary