You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD and exporting gradients as pdf: rasterize as image, instead vector.

Hello, guys!

I posted this problem some days ago...

Now, I am posting other sample.

Please do not comment mentioning printer, sRGB or CMYK. These things have absolutely nothing to do with the Affinity Designer problem not being able to export gradients as vectors.

Affinity Designer rasterize as image all kind of gradients!

I do not think it's professional

I've tried all possible export settings for PDF

Adobe Illustrator can export your gradients as vectors in PDF and reimport again, again and again without changes. So of course, Affinity should also be able to do the same. Is not it?

4-Gradients.afdesign

4-Gradients.pdf

The first three types ought to output to PDF as vector--just like they do to SVG.

However, PDF has no concept of Conical gradients and so one of two things must happen. (1) Output as an image or, (2) output however many clipped triangles of color it takes to represent the conical gradient. Some applications can do the 2nd option, but I'll take a bitmap representation any day. A bitmap is typically a better representation and they RIP far faster.

As for AI, try creating a PDF without embedding the AI data. AI opens its private data whenever present and without the private data AI will generally open even a linear gradient as pieces or a bitmap, depending on the values used in the gradient.