You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 1.5 RC5 - invisible Scrollbar in Mediabrowser

Hi 

The invisible Scrollbar in the Media Browser is still invisible. It is there, I can grab it and scroll down very fast, however, the color of the scrollbar is exactly the same as the background. 

Second: is there any possibility to browse another Photos Library than the system library? What is your proposal when I have multiple Photos Libraries?

Best regards

BlauerClaus

• Staff

Hey BlauerClaus,

I've seen someone else report this. We seem to be getting different results on different versions of OS X. Can I ask what OS X you are using? I don't seem to have an issue on my El Capitan and I haven't seen it on another Mac for a week or two. 

Scrollbars are invisible here too (macOS Sierra 10.12.1) …  :(

… and there is still the more general problem, that the scrollbar handle size is inverted. I chose to set the scrollbars visible only when scrolling in System Preferences. Now, when I use the trackpad to scroll through a list in any panel, the scrollbar handle is displayed wide, whereas it is displayed slim, when I hover over the scrollbar area (see below).  :blink:

Please fix that for consistency,

thanks, Alex  :)

Hey BlauerClaus,

I've seen someone else report this. We seem to be getting different results on different versions of OS X. Can I ask what OS X you are using? I don't seem to have an issue on my El Capitan and I haven't seen it on another Mac for a week or two. 

Hi Chris

I use MacOS Sierra 10.12.1.

Best regards

BlauerClaus

Well, I hate to say it, but this problem seems to be only half-fixed …  :(

The Media Browser scrollbars are the bright ones of the OS, and the other panels still show the inverted size behavior. I made a video in order to show you what is happening on my machine …  :)

• 10 months later...

Hi Chris,

you asked me to comment on this thread. Well, I can only tell what I am seeing on my system. The scrollbar behavior in Affinity Designer is (a) somewhat inconsistent between UI elements and (b) inconsistent with the general macOS behavior. Have a look at my video.

• Scrollbars are disabled on my system and will show up only when I am scrolling (macOS System Preferences).
  • Now, when I am using my trackpad to scroll in a Finder window, the scrollbars (or scrollbar handles) will appear thin, unless I hover over the scrollbars with the cursor. Then the scrollbar handles will get wider, they will stay underneath the cursor, and I can click to drag them. The video is a bit cropped at the beginning, but you will see what I mean.
  • Back in Affinity Designer, when I scroll the canvas, the scrollbars will appear thin, and when I hover over a scrollbar with the cursor, the background framework will appear, but (a) the scrollbar handles will not get wider and (b) they will disappear underneath the cursor after a certain period of time. So it is hard to drag them.
  • Furthermore, in the Layers panel the scrollbars are visible by default. Well, I guess that’s useful. But in the History panel, for instance, they are not visible by default. And when you scroll within the History panel, the scrollbar handle will appear wide, contrary to the default system behavior. When you, finally, hover over the handle with the cursor, it will shrink, again contrary to the default system behavior.
  • And the same is the case with other panels as well, such as the Glyphs panel, the Text Styles panel, and so on. The Media Browser will show the same behavior.

Hope this is helpful … :)

Alex

Scrollbars.mov

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.