You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

IMPOSSIBLE TO VERIFY AND DOWNLOAD UPDATES FOR AD

Hello.

I have TWO Affinity Designer in my machine.

A paid licence version 1.5.0.36 and a customer beta 1.5.1.41 (Beta).

Paid licence 1.5.0.36 NEVER perform CHECK FOR UPDATES!

Customer Beta says on startup:

"New Beta available

There is a new version..."

Then, I just click in the button "download".

Then, instead of redirect me to a download page of Beta Forum, the navigator points to https://affinity.serif.com/pt-br/designer/to BUY MY LICENCE AGAIN!

I guess your team are very very CRAZY PEOPLE!

Please, Affinity team, please, have more respect and consideration for who paid for the license.

Please add the "Help / Check for updates" command to the Help menu.

Please, add "download beta version" to your main page.

Please correct your unforgivable problem of exporting PDF gradients as bitmaps.

If you do not fix this, Affinity designer will crash just like Serif DrawPlus.

Yeah they are crazy putting such a low price for this incredible programs, very crazy people. Easy to say that something is wrong, without checking the forum first.

Your request is known by developers so is a work in progress.

Nobody want you to to buy twice the same license and is your right to receive a full refund.

Here people are very polite, helpful and patience for each of us, repeating the same solution for many of us,  so be like them, please.

Cheers

• Staff

There is no intention to make you buy anything again, and the Main designer page does not need a "download the beta version" link, as beta testers should not end up there when there is a beta update. I wonder if this is specific to updates in the Portuguese pt-br version of the customer beta.... we can check tomorrow.

Please correct your unforgivable problem of exporting PDF gradients as bitmaps.

This will only be considered if you will stop your unforgivable habit of shouting in all caps. Oh yeah, and don't call us names either.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Yeah they are crazy putting such a low price for this incredible programs, very crazy people. Easy to say that something is wrong, without checking the forum first.

Your request is known by developers so is a work in progress.

Nobody want you to to buy twice the same license and is your right to receive a full refund.

Here people are very polite, helpful and patience for each of us, repeating the same solution for many of us,  so be like them, please.

Cheers

Instead of making "ad hominem" critical comments, why do not you come up with a solution to the problem? If there is an update for version 1.5.1.41 (Beta), then, show it here!

• Staff

Approximately the same place as you found the 1.5.1.41

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/30346-affinity-designer-customer-beta-15143/&p=147237

The link in that thread is a different file to 1.5.1.41 (but with the same name)

by the way, there is no attack in that quote whatsoever, perhaps you meant to quote me? adirusf is just a user who asked you to be nice and search the forums, whereas you actually called me "CRAZY"... Perhaps you would go back and edit your first post and remove that.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon