Recently, I tried to copy a small group of elements from within a fairly large Affinity Designer file. After whirring away for a few seconds, the app just crashed.

This repeats any time I try to copy in this file. It doesn't happen in other smaller files.

I had not had any problems with this file whilst I was working on it actively. It is only on reopening it to grab a group of elements to use in a new file that this bug appeared.

This problem occurred after a recent update to of AD. 

Is there a solution?

Affinity Photo 1.5.2; Affinity Designer 1.5.5; AP for iPad 1.6.2

macOS Sierra 10.12.6; Macbook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010); 2.66 GHz i7 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB, Intel HD Graphics 288 MB; 8GB RAM;

iPad Pro 12.9 inch 

Hey tbaucells, sorry about not getting to you sooner. Are you still having issues? I'd quite like to see this file if you could send it to me? I'm looking at another Copy/Paste crash so your file might help us get to the bottom of what might be going wrong. Thank you. 

My apologies, too, as I've only just seen your reply.

How do I send the file to you?

Affinity Photo 1.5.2; Affinity Designer 1.5.5; AP for iPad 1.6.2

macOS Sierra 10.12.6; Macbook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010); 2.66 GHz i7 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB, Intel HD Graphics 288 MB; 8GB RAM;

iPad Pro 12.9 inch 

I am having the same issues.

The element I am copying/pasting is a very small element which contains an Octogon and a text.

Please see my crash report attached as a text file

Thanks

Hey Schlafgraf,

Thanks for attaching the crash reports :)

Does the crash happen every time you copy the object? If it happens 100% of the time can you attach it? Although the crap reports can be useful, they often don't contain all the information we need to be able to fix a crash. If we can get our hands on a file that causes this crash then we have a much higher chance of fixing it.