You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all,

I'm looking to export a file that includes text and a logo to a PDF so that I can have business cards printed.  For some reason, no matter which PDF export that I choose, the logo turns out rasterized and slightly 'pixelated'. All the the text is exporting crystal clear. The document is in CMYK and the logo is vector as well...so I'm not entirely sure why it's not exporting cleanly.

I've searched through the forums and found that the export functionality seems to be questionable but I believe it's probably just a mistake on my end in this case...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-T

EDIT:  I'm using Affinity Designer!

Hi redcup,

How is the logo made, is it simple coloured shapes, does it have any effects applied, gradient fills? Would you be able to upload a sample Designer file, so I can take a look?

Hi Lee,

Ahhhhh...I think it's because I've used the 'erase' effect in the layers.  Never thought of this, thank you! Is there a much better way to do this?  I'll upload the file of the logo itself :)

Thanks Lee!

Affinity YB Logo.afdesign

If the purpose of the Erase on the small text was for allowing the paper color to come through, either just use White all by itself without any effect, or subtract the text from the frame.

I would also simply combine the few elements that make up the frame/design.

Mike