You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Oh, that's not good ...

I loaded a tif into the latest APB and, much to my surprise, here is what I saw:

post-5675-0-23685200-1480897215_thumb.jpg

I knew the photo was OK so I loaded it into the MAS version and here is what I saw:

post-5675-0-01273000-1480897272_thumb.jpg

Something seems very wrong. The file was the result of some layers work I did in an external editor (I am not sure which but perhaps OnOne 10) but the photo loads properly in pretty much everything else. What is this? And why is the tif treated like a raw in APB? Notice that the screen shot shows that APB is in the Develop Persona so APB thinks it is handling a raw image. Pressing the Develop button (to get the image into the Photo Persona) does not fix it.

The actual image can be found here.

I loaded a tif into the latest APB and, much to my surprise, here is what I saw:

attachicon.gifphotoInAPB.jpg

I knew the photo was OK so I loaded it into the MAS version and here is what I saw:

attachicon.gifphotoInMAS.jpg

Something seems very wrong. The file was the result of some layers work I did in an external editor (I am not sure which but perhaps OnOne 10) but the photo loads properly in pretty much everything else.

I see the same in the current Windows version of APh beta. (The Exif data indicates that the software used to process the image was onOne ON1 Photo.)

What is this? And why is the tif treated like a raw in APB? Notice that the screen shot shows that APB is in the Develop Persona so APB thinks it is handling a raw image. Pressing the Develop button (to get the image into the Photo Persona) does not fix it.

This isn't the first time I've seen a report here of an ordinary TIFF being treated like a raw image (and looking all wrong both before and after developing).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi Mike

I believe you reported something similar with preview a while ago, so I'm going to guess it may be a similar thing. I have logged this separately though just in case. If you ae able to get this repeatedly with tiff from a specific external editor, it would be great to verify which one so we can look into this more

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

This has been fixed in Affinity Photo on Windows Beta version 1.5.0.44 (RC), so the fix will presumably find its way into the Mac version soon.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I will try to repeat this and see if I can come up with a recipe.

I have just returned from a trip and not had the chance to install RC5 yet, but I wanted to try to see what happened with OnOne 10 images edited in various ways. I went through several editing sequences involving simple edits, duplicated layers and multiple layers of different images and found that every OnOne tiff caused the same problem as above regardless of the amount of editing that went on.

I will now install RC5 and see if any of these images also fail.

UPDATE:

All of the photos I created to test the OnOne 10 functionality opened properly in RC 5. Thank you for taking care of this issue.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.