You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Bug] Join Curves causes them both to vanish!?!

Odd thing just happened (AD 1.5.1.43 Win7)...

• Drew a curve
  • Made a clone
  • Flipped it horizontally
  • Aligned the start nodes
  • Attempted to join them
  • And the whole lot vanishes!

I've erased the rest of the drawing leaving just the two curves, and this behaviour happens repeatedly.

File attached - try selecting the top centre nodes where the curves touch and joining.

If I tamper with the file in almost any way (such ad adding a new object to the canvas) then the curves join correctly.

What is going on?

Have just loaded the file into 1.5.0.36 Retail and the behaviour is different... here the curves remain, but do not join.

The Vanishing.afdesign

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

• Staff

Hi Aammppaa,

I've tried this using 1.5.1.43 and also the 1.5.0.36 retail and both results are the same - the top node is joined and the line turns pink.

What method are you using to Join them? Are you able to record a video at all?

My steps were:
1. Open your file

2. Ensure both objects Curves are selected

3. Select the Node Tool

4. Click 'Join' under Actions on the context toolbar.

I am trying to reproduce the effect again today (PC has been shutdown since last night) and everything works as expected.

Grr... that is so annoying, because last night I played with the buggy version for half an hour trying to discover what caused the problem and it happened time and time again.

Bug occurred whether I Joined by clicking the Join button, or with the shortcut (j) which I added as Join, under both the Pen tool and Node tool.

If it happens again I'll be sure to video!

Thanks for checking.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

• 7 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.