You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Designer] Improve Dynamic Toolbar UI

...about rasterizing image layer before you can copy a part of it – really. Same thing in AP.

When you select and copy a part of image layer, sw should automatically switch it to rastered, do its copy thing and revert layer back to image object, all this while user thinks s/he is just copying a bit. I am sure though there are some problems with this..

• Staff

Well, let the (extremely large) image speak.

attachicon.gifui.jpg

And there is more if I can't help.

Hope you guys have already collected some usage data to do the UX design.

(Simply per user daily function invoke count sorted by invoke route would talk a lot)

I definitely share your thinking on a lot of the elements in your image :)  With regards to flicking between Personas - are there many functions you needed from Pixel Persona, or just a few?

I don't agree on removing elements from the UI.

I myself use the keyboard a lot, but many other people don't.

It might need a re-design, although I personally find it fine as is (or at least I would focus on other priorities first).

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

I definitely share your thinking on a lot of the elements in your image :)  With regards to flicking between Personas - are there many functions you needed from Pixel Persona, or just a few?

I only use bitmap for building mockup from screenshot.

Just A few tools are essential (as I use most in Fireworks):

1. the Rectangle Marquee and Selection Brush (cut and make up screenshots, extract elements I don't want to draw)

2. the Eraser (remove small portion of edges).

3. the Effects panel. (adjust color, casta drop shadow)

4. the Clone Stamp (to patch up the UI make up, though AD don't have it)

As long as these tools were available in the Draw Personal, I won't touch the Pixel persona.

We got better softwares for image editing, and AD even don't have bitmap filters. (Comparing to my good old Fireworks)

(Actually I would like to hear some user stories from someone who do heavily depend on Pixel tools in a vector drawing software)

(Actually I want to hear user stories from someone who heavily depend on Pixel persona)

2. the Clone Stamp (to patch up)

The Boss is watching you.  :ph34r:

I don't agree on removing elements from the UI.

I myself use the keyboard a lot, but many other people don't.

It might need a re-design, although I personally find it fine as is (or at least I would focus on other priorities first).

Yeah, it' looks a little radical and personal. That's why I hope the Devs have user usage data to do the decision.

Take the Group button for example:

As you can see, designers in this industry have been used Adobe's software without a Group button on the dynamic toolbar for a long time with no complain.

And Adobe sure have done a lot usage stats and analyzation.

Just a design principle:  Leave the most used, selection content related, hard to have done by simple shortcut features on the dynamic toolbar.

The Boss is watching you.  :ph34r: