Popple

How to draw lines with arrow ends?

13 posts in this topic

Hello

Is there a way to put arrow ends on a line?  I need to do this. I could do it in Serif Drawplus 8 but I can't see arrow options for the ends of lines in the sidebar when I use the pen tool.

Thank you

Line ends are on the Designer roadmap in feature requests and will appear in a free update during the development of version one, but Designer is not DrawPlus and you will find many differences.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Some creative workarounds have been posted on a thread somewhere. Search for arrowheads and I'm sure it will come up

Hello

Is there a way to put arrow ends on a line? I need to do this. I could do it in Serif Drawplus 8 but I can't see arrow options for the ends of lines in the sidebar when I use the pen tool.

Thank you

2011 MacBook Pro 8,2; Intel Core i7 @ 2.2 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 240 GB SSD Boot Disk + 750 GB HDD in optical bay, MacOS High Sierra

Here are shortcuts to a couple of the solutions ronnyb was referring to:

Indicator arrow assets from lenuishttps://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/30290-indicate-arrow-asset-for-ui-design/?hl=arrow

Some brushes from ronniemcbride : https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/3723-arrow-brush/?hl=arrow (and further down that thread is a very clever trick for creating arrows using Affinity Designer's pressure profile, from ronnyb).

Alfred and ronnyb like this

Designer also has an Arrow Tool, but it creates vector shapes rather than lines with arrowheads. It is a bit cumbersome to use as a substitute for a line with an arrowhead & it is only useful when you want straight lines.

Affinity Photo 1.6.6; Affinity Designer 1.6.0; AP for iPad 1.6.2 (but no supported iPad -- yet!)

macOS Sierra 10.12.6; iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM 

(and further down that thread is a very clever trick for creating arrows using Affinity Designer's pressure profile, also from ronniemcbride).

Are you sure you aren't confusing Ronnie with Ronnyears.gif

ronnyb and obtusity like this

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer (1.6.3.96) • Affinity Photo (1.6.3.96) • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)

Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.7.69 beta iOS 11.2 (iPad Air 2)

@Patrick - thank you. I realize the software is different.

But Serif sells this software as the replacement and sent emails saying that DrawPlus was no longer supported.

I was very happy using DrawPlus 8 and it did everything I need it to do to create my sewing patterns.  Patterns need a double headed straight arrow to indicate the grain of the fabric. Not having this facility in Affinity is a real problem for me.

Ack, so I did! Thanks Alfred!

Post edited to correct the attribution. My abject apologies to ronnyb.

ronnyb and Alfred like this

What can I say, we Ronny/ie's are a clever bunch... 

Good eagle eyes, @Alfred  :ph34r:  I bet you like to use Affinity's 1,000,000% zoom feature...  :P

Ack, so I did! Thanks Alfred!

Post edited to correct the attribution. My abject apologies to ronnyb.

Alfred and obtusity like this

2011 MacBook Pro 8,2; Intel Core i7 @ 2.2 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 240 GB SSD Boot Disk + 750 GB HDD in optical bay, MacOS High Sierra

14 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi ShinKaiZen,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Our roadmap covers the whole app 1.x cycle (which may span more than a year) so not all planned features were implemented yet. The ones that aren't available yet will be added in the next updates (1.6, 1.7 etc until v2.0).

Thanks MEB. Very much appreciated this feedback :)