You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Coming from Serif V8 where I had a dropdown box with actual numbers in it for the line width I am finding the sliders for the line widths really hard to use. Is there a way I can save my regularly used line widths as defaults?   I only use about 4 line widths for my patterns and this is really slowing down the drawing.  Mostly I use a solid black 1.5pt line and a 1pt dashed grey line (I use a grey set at 80,80.80). I would love to be able to set these as defaults.

Thank you

Select the pen tool, draw a line. Make sure fill is set to none. For the stroke width, just type in the size you want instead of using the slider. Adjust the color to you liking. With the item selected, use the menu command Edit/create style. You may wish to start a new style category for your own creations. Thereafter, draw as you like, and w. the object selected, just click on the icon in the style panel to apply.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

There is even a simpler solution for you, and I hope you don’t mind if I add it to this thread. Simply draw your line, adjust the parameters as desired, and click Synchronise defaults from selection on the main toolbar or choose Edit > Defaults > Snychronise from selection. The menu entry will give you additional options as well …  :)

Hope that helps …  :)

Alex