Sign in to follow this  
Popple

How can I set a custom grid setting to be visible as default when creating new drawing documents?

Hello

I am used to Serif for Windows. Before I bought Affinity I was using Serif V8.

I design sewing patterns that need to be accurately sized. In Serif I could set the grid to 1" with 1/4" subdivisions, and the grid would open on every new document without me having to change anything.

I cannot see how to set this in Affinity. Is there a way? 

I've worked out how to set the grid to the measurements I need, but I cannot see anywhere that I can set this as the default for all new documents. Every time I create a new document the grid is invisible and when I tick it in the dropdown menu it has switched back to automatic and changed the default square size back and I have to reset it from automatic and select the advanced option before I can see my preferred grid style.

The only way I can work round this at the moment is to save a document with the grid switched on and set to the defaults I require, and open this and do a save as for any new documents.

Surely there must be a better way?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Hi Popple,

At the moment the workaround you have been using is the only way to get the app to open with the same grid each time. We have had a lot of requests for a way to save a grid as default in the past so this is something we may consider for future updates :)

C

Grid presets are already on my to do list.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB