You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Eh ?.

I am literally just seconds away from being about to install the trial I downloaded, having just backed up the pc, its a dmg file whatever that is, 229mb file so must surely be it, and I read this !!!!

so what did I download ? I am told AD is now available for windows, and on offer so to be sure I would like to trial it. What if we buy it and its not suitable ?

Can we get a refund ?  I have work I need a vector prog for on this occasion and with Adobe being out of the question as I wont be going cloud for what little times I need it, subscription mode I hate for occasional users (assumption that folk use one prog in life so get their moneys worth) and with Freehand not giving me design to screen (colour perception) ability , AD has come just at the right time.

So despite the download file being 224Mb its not a download ? uh ?

Steve1

I am literally just seconds away from being about to install the trial I downloaded, having just backed up the pc, its a dmg file whatever that is, 229mb file so must surely be it, and I read this !!!!

so what did I download ?

A DMG file is an Apple disk image file. You downloaded the trial version of AD for OS X or macOS.

I am told AD is now available for windows, and on offer so to be sure I would like to trial it. What if we buy it and its not suitable ?

Can we get a refund ?

Affinity Help and Support: Returns and Refunds

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi,

Thats good news,

Having tried to find out about the cutting tools, in the time its taken to do so via the forums, now I come to get hold of it, the price has gone back up, !

I wasnt aware of the offer being so short lived.

Not so good news, need to find more money for it and faced with ripping out entire central heating system as of Sunday .

I can't win !  Might there be another price offer ?

Steve1

I wasnt aware of the offer being so short lived.

It was originally on offer for only a week, but the offer was extended for a second week. You missed it by three days! :(

Might there be another price offer ?

Never say never, but I've no idea when another offer might surface. And Patrick Connor posted recently to say that Serif don't have any plans to offer the free launch offer extras (DAUB Essentials and The Box Set) in the future.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

pluggedbean,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. :)

We have not specified a date, as there is a lot happening at the moment, with a customer beta of Affinity Photo Mac 1.5 and it's imminent launch; a customer beta of Affinity Designer for Windows 1.5.1, a free beta of Affinity Photo for Windows and its launch. With all that happening we are planning to do the Windows trails (for the first time) shortly after those launch, so no date on the trial or it would be a spoiler alert for the others.... sorry.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

With all that happening we are planning to do the Windows trails (for the first time) shortly after those launch, so no date on the trial or it would be a spoiler alert for the others.... sorry.

So what is so bad about a "spoiler alert" for either of those things?  :lol:

As it is, particularly for the long promised Affinity Photo Mac 1.5 update, at this point the "imminent launch" verbiage is more like cruel teasing than anything else! At least when it was just "soon" we knew that meant it was not imminent; now the suspense is that much harder to endure.  :wacko:

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

So what is so bad about a "spoiler alert" for either of those things?  :lol:

As it is, particularly for the long promised Affinity Photo Mac 1.5 update, at this point the "imminent launch" verbiage is more like cruel teasing than anything else! At least when it was just "soon" we knew that meant it was not imminent; now the suspense is that much harder to endure.  :wacko:

We are just about there with Mac 1.5, but we are also dependent on Apple testing and approval for the Mac App Store release processes... I think i'd best be quiet before I say too much.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...