Sign in to follow this  
stowball

When you create artboards, your document's guides shift massively (Designer)

if you draw some elements, add some guides, and then create an artboard, the guides shift massively. You can reproduce in the attached afdesign file.

Here's what it looks like before creating an artboard:

post-44402-0-39170500-1480718715_thumb.png

And here's what it looks like after creating an artboard around the left, yellow square:

post-44402-0-25510000-1480718713_thumb.png

Notice how the guides are now nowhere near where they used to be  :unsure:

FYI I discovered this bug as there is (annoyingly) no way to crop bitmaps, so I planned to create artboards for each of the screenshots I took.

artboard-guide-bug.afdesign

Hi stowball,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You are not creating an artboard, you are converting one of the objects to an artboard. To create an Artboard, select the Artboard Tool and click Insert Artboard on the context toolbar. The whole document will be converted to an artboard and the guides will remain in the correct place.

To crop a bitmap, select the Crop Tool and drag the small rectangular handles around the bounding box. The crop tool is non-destructive so the cropped data still remains there (it uses a vector mask to "crop" the layer). If you want to get rid of the extra data right click the layer in the Layers panel and select Rasterise...