You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PSD parsing BUG: import halts on unknown image ressource blocks

Affinity Photo 1.5.0.43 (Beta) should ignore unknown image ressource blocks inside PSD (and PSB) files. Currently it stops the export and shows an error message (unknown signature: psdM [1]). Photoshop simply ignores such blocks (and discards them, so they are not saved by Photoshop). This mechanism ensures older Photoshop versions can read the files of newer versions.

post-44393-0-69456600-1480714422_thumb.jpg

In my case this block contains custom meta data embedded in an image ressource block (3D Data camera position from Autodesk 3ds max). This data is for example used by an After Effects plugin.

PSD file is attached and a screenshot of the error message. This PSD file will import fine in all Adobe applications.

I'm happy to test this again as soon as this is fixed. Let me know if you need any further details.

Daniel

Untitled.psd

• Staff

Daniel,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

Thanks for the clear report and the sample file, we will verify and report it

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hello,

Any updates on this bug? I think I may have run into the same issue. I'm currently working with Marmoset's Toolbag 3 to bake textures for 3D assets. Whenever I toggle from Toolbag to save as multi-layer PSD, I am unable to import the document.

For the time being, I have been baking maps individually so I can bring them in one at a time into Photo. This isn't the most ideal and is fairly time consuming. I'm hoping this will be cleared up soon  :)

Is this fixed in the Customer Beta 1.5.1.46? I see there were some PSD related fixes (mainly for another reported bug I think) but I personally can't test without a license.

If someone that has a license wants to help, just try to open the small file attached to the first post and see if it opens without error in 1.5.1.46.

Daniel

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.