You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta - 1.5.1.43

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability

Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Windows Affinity Designer version 1.5 was purchased.

As this is a beta release, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is worth noting that files created in Affinity Designer 1.5 cannot be opened in Affinity Photo 1.4, which means that although files created with the Windows beta can be opened in the Mac AppStore version of Designer (currently on 1.5.4) they cannot be opened in the latest Mac App Store version of Affinity Photo, instead you will need the latest macOS 1.5 beta.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Potential fix for Wacom users who aren't receiving pressure data
  • Fixed "Scale with Object" for Soften parameter
  • Fixed 32-bit Preview Display Transform radio button defaults to ICC Display Transform but is using OCIO Transform
  • Fixed OCIO Display Transform being applied in Develop
  • Fixed being able to type a 7 digit Hex value into the Colour panel
  • Fixed crash clearing fill in Edit > Fill
  • Added missing Retina Rendering Performance Preference
  • Fixed Refine Selection dialog getting unintentionally dismissed
  • Fixed sporadic PDF import crash for compressed streams
  • Fixed zooming with the mouse wheel so that zooming in and out is consistent
  • Fixed crash creating new document with Character panel open
  • Fixed crash when selecting a font using the Character panel
  • Added scrollers around menus for lower resolution screens
  • Fixed Layer Effects "Soften" value can't exceed 20px
  • Fixed Layer Effects dialog wrong values displayed when "Scale With Objects" is on
  • Fixed Layer Effects "Scale with Objects" check box not updating when document selection changes
  • Fixed being unable to click through onto the document when a popup is open
  • Fixed editing a Global Colour and selecting a colour using the eyedropper will lose it's Global Colour status
  • Fixed grid spacing is capped to slider value
Installer

• Fixed thumbnail provider not working without VC Runtime on Windows 7 and 8
  • Fixed product key appearing incorrectly when display zoom is set to 150%

A bazillion thanks for such a fast delivering of betas !  And for making in almost every beta fixes related to brush system or pressure! :)  Going to download right now, will install it tonight.  :)

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

From beta 1.5.1.41:

• Fixed being unable to paste Enhanced Metafiles
  • Fixed for Paste from external clipboards being permanently disabled
  • Fixed crash when pasting an object as an SVG

AD still has problems when pasting objects copied from Xara Designer Pro X12. Even the simplest objects always come out as DIBs regardless of the option selected in Paste Special. Furthermore the default Paste command still crashes XDP every time.

Anyway, many thanks and congratulations to the team for being so swift with these betas. Please keep them coming.

From beta 1.5.1.41:

AD still has problems when pasting objects copied from Xara Designer Pro X12. Even the simplest objects always come out as DIBs regardless of the option selected in Paste Special. Furthermore the default Paste command still crashes XDP every time.

Anyway, many thanks and congratulations to the team for being so swift with these betas. Please keep them coming.

It all depends on what Xara puts on the clipboard, if they don't put anything on that we recognise, it'll end up coming in as a DIB. Can you attach a screenshot of the Paste Special dialog after copying in Xara?

Xara crashes when you paste into it? There isn't much we can do about that ;-).

It all depends on what Xara puts on the clipboard, if they don't put anything on that we recognise, it'll end up coming in as a DIB. Can you attach a screenshot of the Paste Special dialog after copying in Xara?

Yes, the options are EMF, DIB and WMF as expected. See the attached image.

Xara crashes when you paste into it? There isn't much we can do about that ;-).

No, it crashes when I copy from Xara and paste into AD. Odd but true. I tried pasting content on CorelDRAW, Inkscape etc. but only AD makes Xara crash. 

post-35651-0-40468100-1480932525_thumb.png

No, Xara applications crash when the copy is from the Xara application and when pasting into AD.

As mentioned, XDP (my Xara application) only crashes when pasting into AD.

There are Serif developers that also have XDP installed. It may be possible for them to ferret out the cause. However, I rarely copy & paste from any application to another. Xara's SVG export imports into AD pretty nicely, and its PDFs open in AD nicely.

You flipped your wording on that last sentence.  I think you mean to say "only AD crashes when pasting from Xara" at the very end.   Could be confusing as to which you mean.

Ryan.

That's not what I meant. What I meant is "pasting from Xara into AD makes Xara crash. Pasting from Xara into other apps don't make Xara crash". I rephrased it in my previous post, I hope it's clearer now.

That's not what I meant. What I meant is "pasting from Xara into AD makes Xara crash. Pasting from Xara into other apps don't make Xara crash". I rephrased it in my previous post, I hope it's clearer now.

Ah OK, I thought you meant AD crashed. In that case, this is an issue for the Xara developers ;-).