You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Public Beta - 1.5.0.43 (Windows)

• Staff

@miguelboto usually announces them on Twitter, but I agree a beta announcements thread in the News and Information topic would be a good idea.

A sticky locked thread in each beta forum, that you can add to your interests and a moderator will post to each time there is a new beta build, thus sending an email only when there is a new beta. I will do this going forward, for all products and forums, and will start after the current betas are completed.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

The bug from the previous version is still present in the current release:

1. -download the "Dreamers" document
  2. -open it
  3. -toggle open the Layer
  4. -select (Group)
  5. -press slash (/) on your keyboard
  6. -undo (ctrl-z or using the menu)

2016_12_05_183035.jpg

It seems to (not) work on certain groups, but not on all, but if it does, it's reproducible. Even after clearing everything (starting AP with ctrl).

*EDIT*

Reproducible by doing the following:

1. Create a new document

2. Create a new layer

3. On top of the layer, create a new folder

4. Press /

5. Undo

Result: Crash

Many thanks to the development team! I am amazed by how quick you guys react to questions and bug reports and make new beta versions available. I am so glad at how your commitment shows I have bought Affinity Designer for Windows, even if I don't use it. I find such efforts should be honoured.

I will buy and use Affinity Photo for Windows as soon as it is available. Presently I am somewhat limited at beta testing. As soon as I find some more time, I will comment on my findings. Keep up the good work and thank you again! I think there is quite a number of users who will be more than happy to be able to replace Adobe Photoshop with Affinity Photo.

All the best to you.

• Staff

.... I am so glad at how your commitment shows I have bought Affinity Designer for Windows, even if I don't use it. I find such efforts should be honoured......

Fantastic and agreed, now where can we find more customers like that.... ;)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Regarding Preferences > General, in the Spanish translation, I can spot the following:

1. The text should be "lugar" instead of "ligar. Same thing happens in Designer.

2. The period is missing at the end of the line.

3. Translation would be like "Habilitar "Guardar" en archivos PSD importados."

Image here.

Best regards!