You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Public Beta - 1.5.0.43 (Windows)

Wacom Intuos still has delay when starting new stroke. (pressure is working)

I got this info in my log.

Attempting to create Direct3D device with adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M

Setting screen DPI to 117.797101449275 (scale = 1.0)

WinTab: Failed to get tangent pressure info

I don't know a word about programming and stuff, but that sounds to me as important info, maybe ?

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

• Staff

Is there a Changelog somewhere that goes back over multiple versions?

No. Just search for suitably named threads in this forum created by Mark

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

OK, that's interesting. I can perhaps try to get that fixed so that when you switch it on it automatically connects. What tablet are you using?

Hi Mark.

Sorry to piggyback on this one, but the same applies with the Wacom Intuos pro, AP will allow you to control the cursor but you cannot access any menus.

If however, the tablet is running prior to launching AP then it will work as the OP has already hilighted, and it will continue to work even when the tablet powers off and on again.

Seems work on those issues is having major benefits in many tablets... :)

Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Hello everyone.  

Does anyone know how to get a warning when a beta of a product is released (rss, or better, a way to activate a 'follow' here...) is just that is not a single thread which one could follow and that'd be it, as is a new thread each time. I don't want to follow the whole AP beta forum, as due to Affinity being enormously successful, that'd mean a constant ping in my email with tons of posts, and rather complex to find the actual new beta thread...

I say it as.. er..money needs, I need to hunt for some more paid commissions (bills are piling up! ;) Wish me luck! ), and so, dedicate close to zero time to beta testing / forums helping (sorry). But I still would love to test those beta versions (and give feedback about them) which would involve brush engine/ screen redraw/ painting improvements (and anyway, will buy AP at its time, no matter what. ) . And interested in that for both AP betas and AD customer betas (vector inking). And of course, once released, also AP customer betas (testing for that matter).

Please, apologies if this has been asked and answered already...

Cheers,

Edit: Sorry the OT, but as here is when one reports beta issues, thought I'd ask here...

​Updated and it wont load anything besides this, its probs not a glitch but do you know how to fix??!?

picture of the issue!

https://twitter.com/FlavouredCarrot/status/805160116538527745

Can you try View / Studio / Reset Studio

If it's a UI issue, that could fix it.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

For What it is Worth: I've been a Beta Tester for several programs with other companies and I'm awe struck at the responsiveness of the Serif Development Team.

As I experience problems I record them and make sure that it's the program and not operator induced so it takes me 2 days or so to get back here to record any problems I've found.

I'm always late, every time I reach this site to record problems there is already another version of the Beta Program to test and when I check the fixes I find my problems to be among those already fixed.

Great job Serif.........

I just had to record something on this forum.  :)

Great update.

However, using a tablet (probably the same with a mouse) to draw smooth curves is still not rendering correctly. Depending on the zoom level brush strokes appear jagged / not anti-aliased or whatever. I believe there was an extensive report on that by another user. Not sure if this update meant to fix that. In case it did - it's still there. Hope it gets resolved soon.

• Staff

geru & Dobromir Dyankov,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) & :)

Thanks for 2 such complementary and helpful first posts.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

rather complex to find the actual new beta thread...

The announcement thread for a new beta version is always pinned to the top of this 'Affinity Photo on Windows Beta' forum, so it's actually pretty easy to find. ^_^

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

brush won't work on layer masks in this version

It does work here.

Are you sure you are not using the replacement brush?

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

The announcement thread for a new beta version is always pinned to the top of this 'Affinity Photo on Windows Beta' forum, so it's actually pretty easy to find. ^_^

Thanks, Alfred. I guess I'll just visit from time to time and look at that forum section first, instead of having sth automatic to mail-warn me, hehe.  (Is just that am not gonna be around, for time issues.) Hope to not forget/ let too much time pass, tho ! (ie, 2030 or so... xDDDDD )

I believe there was an extensive report on that by another user. Not sure if this update meant to fix that. In case it did - it's still there. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Yeah, that might have been me. Also by a great other illustrator (haven't seen posts from her since, tho she reported for AD brush system) and several others.

No, reading the lists, the latest betas (both in Photo betas and Designer customer betas, as AD has some painting issues, too) what has been added is better support for certain Wacom tablets. And as fix, that has been a success, btw, as many reports (my XL had little to no detection issues since start) of the tablet suddenly working great, finally, have been showing up. So, I'm almost sure those other things will get fixed and improved eventually, too. (very efficiently as I agree that they are very fast and good at that, also have been in teams beta testing and stuff for long years, to make a comparison. This not only depends on that they would be skilled (which am sure they are), but also that the project structure and other technical matters, allow it.... )

Ciao,

Hallo,

super Download ;-) Ich habe da aber ein Problem. In der Farbpalette wird weiß nicht als Weiß dargestellt. Ist das nur bei mir so?

Ich habe einmal ein Bild mit eingefügt, da sieht man es sehr gut.

Eventuell habt Ihr einen Tipp.

Martin

post-44598-0-72994200-1480920616_thumb.png

Hallo KalleR, herzlich willkommen im Forum

Dies ist ein gebrochenes Monitorprofil. Versuchen Sie, das ICC-Profil für den Monitor auf etwas wie sRGB umzustellen, und Sie sollten sehen, dass es wieder weiß wird.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi KalleR, welcome to the forums

This is dues to a broken monitor profile. Try switching the ICC profile for the monitor to something like sRGB and you should see it become white again.

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hallo Chris,

danke für die schnelle Antwort. Ich habe die ICC Profile einmal durchgespielt, es ändert sich aber nichts an der Farbpalette.

Alles andere ist weiß, nur die Anzeige der Farbpalette nicht. 

Ich hänge noch einmal ein Bild mit an.

My English is unfortunately not so good and I do not know whether the translated google translated everything correctly ;-)

post-44598-0-73130600-1480932567_thumb.png

Does anyone know how to get a warning when a beta of a product is released (rss, or better, a way to activate a 'follow' here...) is just that is not a single thread which one could follow and that'd be it, as is a new thread each time. I don't want to follow the whole AP beta forum, as due to Affinity being enormously successful, that'd mean a constant ping in my email with tons of posts, and rather complex to find the actual new beta thread...

@miguelboto usually announces them on Twitter, but I agree a beta announcements thread in the News and Information topic would be a good idea.

Thank you, Dave !