You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Windows Affinity Designer missing Status Bar

In past Serif products, in the Affinity Photo (windows) Beta and I am pretty sure the beta version of Designer. There is/was a status bar running along bottom of the screen that when you had a tool selected, it displayed the various options you could use with that tool. Like using Ctrl, Shift or Alt to get certain results.

Now I have the full Windows version of Designer, I no longer seem to have this status bar, even though it is listed as a feature in the Help file under the 'at a glance' heading. Maybe I have some how turned off this feature, but I can't find how to turn it back on again.

As a newbie to this program (and even if I wasn't) I find this status bar helpful. I can't remember all the keyboard shortcuts so a helpful reminder on the status bar is a must for me.

Hi Blueprint

The Affinity designer will need resetting, please be aware this will loose customisation to the program that you may have made.

Press the CTRL key and start the program, you will get the clear data window, click the clear button, when the program starts the tool hint bar should work.

John

• Staff

You have probably pressed 'Tab' to hide the UI. Another 'Tab' is meant to re-show all the UI, including the Status bar (hint-line).

However there is a bug in the Windows version, that we have just found, that IF you manually show any if the hidden UI ( 'View' > 'Show Toolbar' OR 'View' > 'Show Context Toolbar' OR ​'View' > 'Studio' > [uncheck] 'Hide Studio' OR 'View' > 'Show Tools' ) then pressing Tab does not bring the Status bar (hint-line) back.

Sorry this was not caught.

So John is correct that a Ctrl+Run reset is needed at the moment, but we will get this bug fixed so that a second 'Tab' should be sufficient.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 3 years later...

Old post, I know, but I have a ton of special shortcut keys.

Will I lose all of them if I reset?  Hope not.

I cannot show my status/hint bar

If so, I'll have to figure out how to print them off, or take screen prints.

Is there a way to backup and/or restore all your settings?

I can do this in Sketchup and I think Inkscape (maybe not).

Thanks

Bob

Windows 10

AD 1.8.5.703

Bob                

Windows 10           Affinity Designer:  1.8.5.703