You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cabinets

I thought up an idea, so I'll share it with you. This is for all of the Affinity products. My idea is to have something called cabinets for the UI which act like pull-out drawers. On either side of the workspace is a button that can expand and collapse the studios. For people who would like to have more studios open but don't want to clutter their workspace, they could store them in one cabinet and close the other.

What do you think?

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Some programs call those docking pallets. They exist now in PP and DP (studio tabs) and are handy but should have an option to keep open or auto collapse. For many years I used Deneba Canvas that really optimized the workspace. They had tabbed pallets and those where really easy to manage. Alternatively I have swapped back to Corel Draw which has Dockers. Similar to DP and PP studio tabs but stay open until collapsed manually. Same thing as Canvas's tabbed pallets but on the side.

Giving the user the option to stick a pallet to either sides or top or bottom might be the best option depending on the aspect and resolution of their screen.

I haven't used Deneba, but the feature is useful in PhotoPlus and DrawPlus. Additionally, what I was getting at, is having a cabinet stacked on another cabinet making an accordion structure. And they could be drag-able and docked or undocked. If undocked on close, the panels would have to show. I was thinking of giving them the same functionality as panels (click, drag, and dock).

Giving the user the option to stick a pallet to either sides or top or bottom might be the best option depending on the aspect and resolution of their screen.

One thing to consider with all four sides is that the docking palettes would have to overlap each other. If the bottom and left are open at the same time, for example, one of palettes would get cut off by the other, so that might be a problem.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!