You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Before/After Labels in Develop Split View Not Switching

This is a pretty minor issue, if I'm understanding how it's supposed to be used. I wanted to see the Before/After view of an image in the Develop Persona, so I clicked the "Mirror View" icon at the top of the window, and got what I expected... the After image on the left, the Before image on the right. But I prefer the "Before" view to be on the left, so I clicked the "Swap" button to the right. This switched the images, as expected, but the labels did not switch... the original is now labeled as "After". That looks like a bug to me. Or perhaps there's some kind of functionality there that I'm not catching. Thought I'd mention it either way. - Matthew

post-43985-317297_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Hi Matthew Gore,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

This is not a bug. Affinity Photo does display "reversed" before/after views. Currently there's no way to change it. I have filled an improvement request to provide a switch/control/way to swap their order. Thanks for your feedback.

The Swap button you used refers to another feature (synchronise settings in view modes) and doesn't do what you are expecting. For more info about this check Affinity Photo Help ▸ Develop Persona (RAW) ▸ Developing RAW images Syncing section on the right.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.