You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I bought Designer yesterday and installation of it went smoothly. Together with my purchase, I also received zip files of the following add-ons: Daub essentials, Grade UI Kit, and The Box Set. I unzipped all of them, and all the needed files seem to be there - including guide.pdf for each add-on, but there is no explanation anywhere for how I should install these. If I simply move these folders to the Affinity folder on the install path, where do I move them to?

Thank you

Master of none - learner of all.

Win. 10 Affinity Design/Photo

• Staff

Hi AntonJ,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

To install the brushes, select them all in File Explorer (Win) then right-click on them and select Open, then confirm their installation inside Affinity Designer.

The DAUB_Inkers brushes can be found on the Brushes panel in Draw persona. The remaining four are located in the Brushes panel in the Pixel Persona.

To install DAUB_Papers assets, open Affinity Designer, go to menu View ▸ Studio ▸ Assets to display the Assets panel if it’s not displayed yet, click on the small menu icon on the top right of the Assets panel  and select Import Assets. Browse and select the DAUB_Papers.assets file from the dialog and click Open. The file will be imported as a new category (DAUB Papers) to the Assets panel. Click the dropdown in the Assets panel to switch between categories. 

The Grade UI Kit includes a PDF file (QuickStart_Guide.pdf) with instructions to install all the included items, including the Roboto and Roboto Condensed font families.

The Box Set includes a PDF file (Intructions.pdf) with instructions to install all the included items.

Thanks for a very prompt reply. I appreciate it. I managed to install all the brushes, but not the Daub papers. When I right-click on it, there is no "open", but only "open with" and a prompt that I'm not able to open/read the file.

Master of none - learner of all.

Win. 10 Affinity Design/Photo

• Staff

The DAUB Papers are NOT installed as the brushes. Please see my reply above.

To install DAUB_Papers assets, open Affinity Designer, go to menu View ▸ Studio ▸ Assets to display the Assets panel if it’s not displayed yet, click on the small menu icon on the top right of the Assets panel  and select Import Assets. Browse and select the DAUB_Papers.assets file from the dialog and click Open. The file will be imported as a new category (DAUB Papers) to the Assets panel. Click the dropdown in the Assets panel to switch between categories. 

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, achilles said:

Inkscape, a free program, has tons of useful addons, it's time Affinity follow this way!

This is a duplicate on the post in the recent thread on plugins and does not seem appropriate here as AD does seem to have plenty of add-ons (if not plug-ins)

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630