You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Autosave files include the command history. There shouldn't be any need to keep multiple versions as you can use the History panel to wind forward or back to any point. The Autosave feature itself is intended to protect against power cuts and the like, and should be transparent to the user, except when something goes wrong. It's not intended as a user backup.

Hi let consider that i have 4 product pack I'm working on and they are part of the same project i move and make modification on all of them then i need to revert back to 3 step before only on one one of them. thats where multiple backup are useful. even if i know i could use the embedded process but sometime i don't ...

• 3 months later...

Autosave - yes please!!! Yesterday I lost a few hours of work when AD crashed.... Adobe took his revenge (I'm a switcher from CC where I learned not to hit CMD+S as autosave does it for me ;) 

• Staff

Hi kcx,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Affinity does include autosave. You can set the interval in Affinity Preferences, Performance section File Recovery Interval (300 sec by default). In case of a crash Affinity Designer should display a warning message to open the file automatically for you when you start the app again. Didn't it work for you?

When I restarted the App it gave me a warning to open recovered file, but it was the file from the day before. When I entered timemachine (last backup of the folder with project was 15 minutes before crash) the file also had last save form the day before. Hmmm.... maybe something went wrong with this particular file. A few days ago on another project, AD crashed and disapeared from system but when I think about it now it actually recovered the file more or less in the point AD crashed and I could start the app just by clicking it - without killing. This time AD crashed so efficiently so I couldn't even kill the process. To make it work again I had to restart my mac using power button. Maybe it crashed during autosave process.... Hope it will never happen again :)