You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Invert Pixel Selection option deselects instead

I watched your video and tried to replicate what you were doing. So far I can't get it to misbehave. I noticed you seem to have the Move tool selected rather than a selection tool however, even copying that, the Invert Selection still worked for me. Do you have multiple images on a single canvass, If so, I think that Invert Selection would be faced with a logic problem i.e. select whole canvas or man.

• 1 month later...

I'm currently having the same problem on both of my computers with both the beta and fully released version.  I've had to change back to Photoshop in the meantime, since the problem affect my workflow quite significantly. 

I'm using Windows 10 on both PCs and will try to record the problem at a later date.

• Staff

Hi Yarkspiri,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I having trouble replicating this here. Can you attach a sample file with a pixel selection active when saving the document so i can see if i can replicate this?

Maybe it's related with something on document's structure... If you could record a movie of this happening it would be also useful (the link on the first post is not active anymore).

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Yarkspiri,

Thanks for the files - I've reproduced the issue and I believe it could be related to having an artboard on your document. I'll get it reported to development. In the meantime if you move both the layers outside of the artboard and then delete the artboard, the Invert Selection should work as you wanted it do.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.