You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Close Affinity "on window close"

I know, with MacOS ist is common that the programs stay open when the "red" dot is pressed. Only the current window is closed. 

But this is not mandatory, it is possible that a program also closes and some programs do.

With Affinity I find it disturbing that any new document  is added as a new tab, but when I close the last document, the window becomes empty. If I now close the the window the program is still open - with the effect that if I press the program symbol in the Dock nothing really happens. I have to select "New" from the menu. 

So I suggest to close the program when closing all documents, just like the Windows version using "applicationShouldTerminateAfterLastWindowClosed"

Safari -btw- is not closed, however it creates a new window when you click on the symbol and no window is displayed. This is also an alternative.

For the sake of consistency I’d keep the program open, as the majority of programs do. I know there are some that quit but it’s not that common. Also, there are two different window modes in AD (and AP, I suppose), one with all documents as tabs and all panels combined in one window, and the modular mode where the panels are separate and can be moved freely, and each document is in its own window. I’m working in the modular mode and it would be really annoying if the program would quit each time I’m closing the last document/window.

The alternative you suggested would probably the better solution.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.