You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when opening an image

Hello Michail,

Does this happen every single time? If you let me know if this is still happening, I can get development to look at the crash report for you. Has it only been happening since build .42? 

1. Yes, it happens every time - without exception. Yes, it has only happened since version 42. See also https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/30123-program-crashes-when-opening-picturenew-document-15042/

2. I also recall the following critical preview problem: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/29884-problems-with-previews/

If I remember correctly, there was not this problem in the first beta version.

• Staff

Hi Michail,

We have found a problem in .42 where the app will crash when creating / opening a document if the Character Page is open. Do you think this is what is affecting you?

A Ctrl-Run up will reset your Workspace so the Character Page is not showing, so you could try this.

We apologise for the inconvenience but will have this problem sorted out asap.

Do you think this is what is affecting you?

Yes, if I remove the character Panel, I can open pictures and create new documents again. Thanks!

Do you have an idea for solving the problem of the preview (point 2.)?

• Staff

Yes, if I remove the character Panel, I can open pictures and create new documents again. Thanks!

Do you have an idea for solving the problem of the preview (point 2.)?

I've replied to the thread. As Adam says, we can't seem to reproduce it so it may not be an issue in .43 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.