You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Public Beta - 1.5.0.42 (Windows)

Thanks for this release guys, running faster now. I see `auto lens correction` listed but I can only find a manual correction in Develop. Is Affinity able to read the exif data and auto correct for lens profiles or does it rely on doing a manual correction and saving that as a preset please?.

cheers

Steve

Assuming you still have the option set in the Develop Assistant Options, it will perform lens correction automatically.

Ok, Filter Forge does work. I have to fill a layer before using it with a color tho. But that's no problem. 16 Bit gives an Invalid Plane count 4 expected 3 error msg. but that's no problem either.

Ximagic XiQuantizer however does still give the old error message "Host can't allocate enough memory" when I try to start it. Win7 64 Bit 8 Bit Image.

I have played using AP 1.5.0.42 with RW2-files using NIK Collection Viveza 2. It seems Affinity Photo does not forward the developed image to the Viveza 2 filter but either forwards the raw file or some combination of raw and developed. Anyway the forwarded image to Viveza 2 has a heavy red hue. The other NIK filters seem to be ok. See attached file for reference.

2016-12-01 AFPhoto 1.5.0.42 BETA, RW2, Viveza2.pdf

Hi everyone.

As a photographer i've never found a true Photoshop alternative in years until now. I can only say that I'm amazed by this software and finally it is on windows as well. Despite being in it's beta state and some performance issues and crashes(which is pretty normal for a beta), it runs really smoothly. The transitioning and learning curve from Photoshop to Affinity Photo happens in a mere heart beat, and that makes me want to get rid of the creative cloud fee even more!

There's only a small thing that is not as quick/fast as i'm used to on my work flow, that is when using the brush tool and in order to use the colour picker it is needed to hold Alt and then drag the mouse instead of just pressing ALT+Click.

I know it's a small thing, but it makes such a huge difference. If you could make that update/change it would be simply perfect for my workflow.

I'll try to give you even more feed back in the future, but so far so good for now.

Anyway, i just want to give you the congratulations for the amazing work, and to say that i can't wait for the release day.

Best Regards,

Moisés Gonçalves.

After using an live Filter "perspective" and saving the result. The resolving affinity file "*.afphoto" did not open by douple click. I get an error from affinity photo. Further more the jpg export is damaged and displayed big white areas. The resulting jpg picture shows just cuts of the whole image only.

Thanks

Thomas

Assuming you still have the option set in the Develop Assistant Options, it will perform lens correction automatically.

Thanks for that Mark.

I do have that lens correction option selected and I assume it is correcting an image but just wondered if there is any way of checking?. Is there a way of seeing a before/after image at all please?

thanks again

Steve

Thanks for that Mark.

I do have that lens correction option selected and I assume it is correcting an image but just wondered if there is any way of checking?. Is there a way of seeing a before/after image at all please?

thanks again

Steve

You could take a screenshot of the application after opening the same image twice, once with the setting enabled, once with it disabled. 

Yesterday when editing a panorama I got again and again when working the error message "No feedback".
Then 1 - 2 minutes nothing more.
Excuse me for the english.

Win7 HP 64 Bit, AMD Six-core 3.50 GHz, 16 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

• Staff

stevejharris,

Welcome to the Affinity forums :)

Sorry you are having such as severe problem We will check to see if this has already been reported. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi Steve, unfortunately this is caused when the application tries to display the Character panel at startup. If you hold down CTRL when you start, you can clear your settings which should fix it.

thanks!

I opened the prog, closed the error, then closed the character panel.

I then shut down and restarted - no error.

opening files works too.

thanks again - lovin' it!