You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HDR from Single RAW file?

I'm really enjoying trying out the Beta software - can't wait for the full release.

While trying out the HDR functions, I wondered if it will be possible to create HDR images from a single RAW file, as in some other software? It's not a problem to generate 3 or 5 separate exposures from a single RAW, but it would be a time saver if Affinity Photo could automate the process, perhaps by selecting an exposure value (1/3 - 1/2 or 1 stop, say) to apply and generate "virtual " exposures which are then combined into the HDR image.

Also ( getting greedy now :D ) will it be possible to download and install further HDR presets - perhaps other users could make their favourite settings available to share? I see the import / export function is already in place, with James' presets already installed.

Thanks guys - keep up the great work.

MBd, I think I am missing a trick here, could you please explain in some more detail. I have done HDR on affinity but a step by step would be useful for doing it on one image , when I go to add the 32 bit image it cant be seen in the add box- search box. I aint to clever!- blow by blow on how to get that one image loaded would be useful please.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.