You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am not much of a vector illustrator. Only bitmap, really. That is why I love DAUBs brushes. 110% right for me!

These are my very first illustrations done in AP using Daubs brushes. First one i painted in Grayscale at 300 dpi.

post-32046-0-14920200-1480455438_thumb.jpg

This second one is RGB at 300 dpi.

post-32046-0-76548200-1480455544_thumb.jpg

Hope you like what you see :)

I dig the ultimate simplicity of the line work

in the first!

…if only I could draw!

www.kodiakmedia.at

TeamViewer: 668 015 544

If personal taste is involved,           Light is free,                       Mother Nature provides the light
discussion is pointless.                   capturing it is NOT.               but talent renders the image.
                                                                                                                        (Charlychuck)

Hi Henry, I've yet to try any of the Daub brushes so far, but from your two illustrations they look very promising and convey a convincing natural quality. Did you use a 'Daub paper' for the backgrounds? Very nicely done.

v2.4.1 Designer/Photo/Publisher | Mac mini (M1, 2020) | Sonoma 14.4.1

There is a nice and natural feel to these. Partly the brushes and partly the drawing style I think. 

Very "non digital" looking, if that's the look you were going for I'd say you've achieved it!

Nicely done.

To me, the greyscale one really works. Almost completely "non-digital" in look and feel. Have you tried printing anything out? 

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Thank you Kodiak, Jonopen, retrograde and gdenby! I am pleased to read what you write. I try to use all my tools, both digital and traditional, to get the same looks. That is why I like DAUBs brushes, they really add someting "natural" to the digital art. Still I have not used DAUBs paper textures, I like to try them out, the once I use here are my own....  And yes, I will have som printouts made.

Both, posts 7 and 8, are exquisite image executions of 

different inspirations.

Again, I am more attracted to the scarfed Hooded Crow.

Possibly because of the simplicity of the almost monochro-

matic rendition where the garment has visually more impact;

though I can not ignore the charming naive character of the

sailer image.

I would hope my photographs have such a seductive quality!

Very cool work, Henry!

www.kodiakmedia.at

If personal taste is involved,           Light is free,                       Mother Nature provides the light
discussion is pointless.                   capturing it is NOT.               but talent renders the image.
                                                                                                                        (Charlychuck)

Wow remarkable pieces!

I'm particularly in love with the crow.

Are you selling these somewhere?

I am just a retired oldie and I do most of my pieces for the fun of it. But, I am in the app-making thing after retirement (2 years  ago). Done one app so far called Gustaf, and I am in process of making more. Got illustrations done for 2 more. I am the Graphic Designer doing stills and animations. The programming stuff is done by my son (he is a professional app-maker and programmer) and he is also the sound designer. I am also freelance illustrating for an education publishing house. But most of the time I write my stories, illustrate them and I will publish some if I am lucky. Thank you for asking!

Kodiak and MEB, you make me happy writing such things! :D

Flickan_fran_Syracusa.jpg

@Paolo.Limoncelli. By the way, I use Affinity Photo for this piece and your brushes only! This painting is about the girl from Syracusa, Saint Lucia. We celebrate her here in Sweden on the 13 of December. She comes walking in the dark with lights in her hair and a red ribbon round her waist. She sings her songs about bringing light to the world together with her (also white dressed) maids. The mass is televised from my home town Varberg this year!

Hey Henry, nice stuff, very non-digital looking and a great style with lots of personality.

I personally prefer Designer as it seems to be able to do everything Photo can do painting and brushes wise... but I'm curious as to which you prefer?

I am currently working on a re-design of a Childrens Storybook that I wrote 3 years ago and illustrated using Corel Painter. I will make it looking better and also re-write it in my own language. Some time next year I will publish it as a Android and iPad Storybook App  with som interactivity, maybe some animation, sound fxs, atmospheric background sound, narration and such. It will be my second app, but my first (well, almost) done in Affinity Photo. And retrograde: I think this is the answer, but I will try to learn to love Designer..

17.jpg

Kodiak, you make me happy writing such things! 

…would not do it if I didn't mean it!

I think you deserve the accolade.

www.kodiakmedia.at

(Charlychuck)