You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How Do I Get My Free Grade Ui Pack With Affinity Designer?

Hi, I bought AD over the weekend and can't seem to find how I get the https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/free-ui-kit/

Can anyone assist.

Thanks.

------
AD 1.7.1, AP 1.7.1;Hhave ADW, Serif PagePlus X8 and X9 on an old PC
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Wacom Intuos 5 Pro (wireless - without lagging).

Visit my site: TechniSmart (when I ever find time to work on it)

• Staff

Michael,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

If you bought the Windows version then when you placed your order you should have got 3 emails

• 1 of 3 Welcome to Affinity (for Account Creation)
  • 2 of 3 Affinity order confirmation - Axxxxxxxx (receipt for a Software Order)
  • 3 of 3 Affinity Product Key - Order Axxxxxxxx (key for a Software Order)
The link called "Download your freebies" is in the "Affinity order confirmation" one, next to the link to download the purchased software.

If you bought the Mac App Store version then after installation, there is a graphic (with a link) in the new App Welcome screen to get the content.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

I have pinned this post for others to see it, as this is a common question I hope that is OK.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Thank you Patrick. I found it in the emails.

Thanks for pinning my post ;)

Michael

------
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Here you go 

------

Thanks TechniSmart. Neither the video nor the quickstart guide say where to extract the files to, does it matter where you put them?

You are welcome Boneychest. I think you have the answer from others. As long as you can browse to the location you are good to go.

------

Sorry to sound dumb, but how does Affinity know where to find the folders/files after I've unzipped them? I assumed they would have to be put into a folder in the program. Where should the unzipped folders for 'the box set', 'daub-essentials' and 'grade-ui-kit' be placed? :unsure:

• Staff

Hi DaveK,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can unzip them to wherever you want. Affinity doesn't use the unzipped files directly. You have to install them first then you can delete the unzipped folder.

Here's how to install the files:

• To install DAUB brushes, select them all in File Explorer (Win) then right-click on them and select Open, then confirm their installation inside Affinity Designer. The DAUB_Inkers brushes can be found on the Brushes panel in Draw persona. The remaining four are located in the Brushes panel in the Pixel Persona.

• To install DAUB_Papers assets, open Affinity Designer, go to menu View ▸ Studio ▸ Assets to display the Assets panel if it’s not displayed yet, click on the small menu icon on the top right of the Assets panel  and select Import Assets. Browse and select the DAUB_Papers.assets file from the dialog and click Open. The file will be imported as a new category (DAUB Papers) to the Assets panel. Click the dropdown in the Assets panel to switch between categories. 

• The Grade UI Kit includes a PDF file (QuickStart_Guide.pdf) with instructions to install all the included items, including the Roboto and Roboto Condensed font families.

• The Box Set includes a PDF file (Intructions.pdf) with instructions to install all the included items.

Hello,

sorry but I bought it the 11/30 but I can't find any email with the download link, can you please advise?

Thank you

Michael,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

If you bought the Windows version then when you placed your order you should have got 3 emails

• 1 of 3 Welcome to Affinity (for Account Creation)
  • 2 of 3 Affinity order confirmation - Axxxxxxxx (receipt for a Software Order)
  • 3 of 3 Affinity Product Key - Order Axxxxxxxx (key for a Software Order)
The link called "Download your freebies" is in the "Affinity order confirmation" one, next to the link to download the purchased software.

If you bought the Mac App Store version then after installation, there is a graphic (with a link) in the new App Welcome screen to get the content.

Hi jbellini, welcome to Serif Affinity forum.

Did you get Mac or Windows version?

Michael

------

Sorry, I got the Mac and had no issues getting the link as MEB said previously.

Over to wiser heads using Windows.

Michael

------

• Staff

Jbellini,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. :)

Did you get the email titled "Affinity order confirmation Axxxxxxx" and does it have a button to download the software and another "freebies" next to it. That email is the only place to get the free content on Windows.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Hi DaveK,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can unzip them to wherever you want. Affinity doesn't use the unzipped files directly. You have to install them first then you can delete the unzipped folder.

Here's how to install the files:

• To install DAUB brushes, select them all in File Explorer (Win) then right-click on them and select Open, then confirm their installation inside Affinity Designer. The DAUB_Inkers brushes can be found on the Brushes panel in Draw persona. The remaining four are located in the Brushes panel in the Pixel Persona.

• To install DAUB_Papers assets, open Affinity Designer, go to menu View ▸ Studio ▸ Assets to display the Assets panel if it’s not displayed yet, click on the small menu icon on the top right of the Assets panel  and select Import Assets. Browse and select the DAUB_Papers.assets file from the dialog and click Open. The file will be imported as a new category (DAUB Papers) to the Assets panel. Click the dropdown in the Assets panel to switch between categories. 

• The Grade UI Kit includes a PDF file (QuickStart_Guide.pdf) with instructions to install all the included items, including the Roboto and Roboto Condensed font families.

• The Box Set includes a PDF file (Intructions.pdf) with instructions to install all the included items.

Thank you very much for the speed of response and the detail. One point though ... Am I correct in thinking that the Samples and UI Sheets folders in the grad- ui-kit aren't stored in the Affinity programme but just clicked on from the folder as needed?

(I've been using the Serif vector/photo/publishing/web software for the past couple of decades so it's back to the drawing board to sort Affinity out! :lol:

The Samples and UI Sheets items are just regular "native format" Affinity Designer document files, just like the ones you create yourself. You can put them anywhere you want. Double-clicking on one will open it in AD, regardless of which folder it is in.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I missed the link when I purchased Affinity and just came across this info.

Unfortunately I deleted the emails. Is there a link that I can use to get the UI Pack?

Hi cclinner,

It sounds like you may have to contact affinityorders@serif.com to get your details resent.

Here is the link to the promotion https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/free-ui-kit/

Hope you get through.

Michael

------