You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How Do I Get My Free Grade Ui Pack With Affinity Designer?

• Staff

cclinner,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

I am sure we can sort this out tomorrow when I'm in the office. Please Private Message me (top right of forums) as a reminder

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I keep getting message that "this is not an Affinity file" when I try to use the files I downloaded.

I can open the QuickStart_Guide but not the other 3 files.

I have tried clicking on one file and it opens Affinity Photo program (I am using the windows version) and gives me this message.

I have tried going to Library and "Import macros" and I get the same "not an Affinity file" message.

I have downloaded the pack to a couple different locations including "Desktop" to see if that makes a difference and get the same results.

• Staff

Hi Nashville_Suz,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

[EDIT] Which files are you talking about? The Grade UI Kit, the Force Macro Pack, anything else?

Assuming you are trying to install the Force Macro pack for Affinity Photo, you have to import the files from the Library panel. Do the following:

- open/run Affinity Photo

- go to menu View ▸ Studio ▸ Library... to display the Library panel if its not visible yet

- click on the menu icon on the top right of the panel and select Import Macros...

- navigate to the folder where you unzipped them and select one (you can only import one at once), then click Open

The Macros should appear on the Library.

Let me know if you still have trouble.

Hi Nashville_Suz,

You have to import them from the Library panel. Do the following:

- open/run Affinity Photo

- go to menu View ▸ Studio ▸ Library... to display the Library panel if its not visible yet

- click on the menu icon on the top right of the panel and select Import Macros...

- navigate to the folder where you unzipped them and select one (you can only import one at once), then click Open

The Macros should appear on the Library.

Let me know if you still have trouble.

Are you talking about installing the free UI Kit for Affinity Designer here, which is the (part) subject of this topic?

If you are then I am completely baffled because in Designer I cannot find any mention of Library, either in the program nor in Help.

Going to View > Studio there is no library shown........but there is in Affinity Photo.

Is it possible that Nashville_Suz is trying to install UI kit into Affinity Photo?

Again I will say, like others, that I really do think that this forum should have Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo posts segregated in their own separate sections.

• Staff

Hi PeanutsA,

No, sorry the above instructions are only for Affinity Photo, which i believe is what @Nashville_Suz is referring to.

Affinity Designer doesn't support Macros.

I've edited the post above to make this more clear and will move it to a new thread if necessary as soon as @Nashville_Suz clarifies about the content he's trying to install.

Hi PeanutsA,

No, sorry the above instructions are only for Affinity Photo, which i believe is what @Nashville_Suz is referring to.

Affinity Designer doesn't support Macros.

Hi MEB,

Thanks for quick reply, that's what I thought.

My confusion was due to Nashville_Su's post and your answer being in a thread about getting/installing UI kit for Affinity Designer.

I can quite understand her/him (?) posting in the wrong place because this forum gets more mixed up and confusing with the passing of every day, with Affinity Designer & Photo posts scattered all over the place.

Hi i just purcased a copy of affinity designer but i don't find the link for the ui kit anywhere...

Tanks.

If you are using the Windows version, did you read the second post of this topic?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 2 weeks later...

If you bought the Mac App Store version then after installation, there is a graphic (with a link) in the new App Welcome screen to get the content.

Patrick,

I purchased the Mac App Store version (1.5.4) and the welcome screen doesn't have a link to download the Grade UI Kit. I've even uninstalled it and re-installed to see if that will make it sho up. no such luck.

Screenshot%202016-12-27%2023.22.25.png?d

I purchased the Mac App Store version (1.5.4) and the welcome screen doesn't have a link to download the Grade UI Kit. I've even uninstalled it and re-installed to see if that will make it sho up. no such luck.

There should be four 'slides' on the left of the Mac Welcome screen, that show in sequence a 'See what's new in 1.5.4,' a promo for the Designer Book, a link for getting the Grade UI, & a promo for Photo 1.5 slide. There should be a row of four dots at the bottom indicating which slide is shown & "<" & ">" buttons on the left & right sides of the slide to manually move among them.

Some users have reported that the Grade UI slide does not appear if a firewall or a privacy blocker like Little Snitch prevents the app from "phoning home" -- perhaps that is what is happening for you?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Looks like I am not the only one :). I've lost the order confirmation email and I would like to re-download Grade UI.

I would explain that in an email to affinityorders@serif.com

They respond very quickly.

Michael

------
AD 1.7.1, AP 1.7.1;Hhave ADW, Serif PagePlus X8 and X9 on an old PC
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Wacom Intuos 5 Pro (wireless - without lagging).

Visit my site: TechniSmart (when I ever find time to work on it)

I purchased the Designer Mac Version from the App store. I also purchased the Designer book direct from Affinity and established an account there. I get the link to download the UI stuff in the Designer splash screen, but the link won't let me log in with my Affinity account. Says it's already registered. Don't want to have two accounts there. How do I get my App Store Affinity purchases (Photo and Designer) to show up on my account? How do I get the UI stuff?

I purchased the Designer Mac Version from the App store. I also purchased the Designer book direct from Affinity and established an account there. I get the link to download the UI stuff in the Designer splash screen, but the link won't let me log in with my Affinity account. Says it's already registered. Don't want to have two accounts there. How do I get my App Store Affinity purchases (Photo and Designer) to show up on my account?

Your Affinity Store account will only show purchases of physical goods (e.g. the Affinity Designer Workbook) and Windows software downloads. The Affinity Store is run by Serif and the Mac App Store is run by Apple, so since the two companies don't share customer data your MAS purchases won't show up on your Affinity account.

How do I get the UI stuff?

Please see Patrick Connor's post hereEdit: I'm not sure that will help, since it just tells you about the link in the App Welcome screen that you obviously already know about. :(

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

...Again I will say, like others, that I really do think that this forum should have Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo posts segregated in their own separate sections.

Another reason for segregating the products in the forum 

...I can quite understand her/him (?) posting in the wrong place because this forum gets more mixed up and confusing with the passing of every day, with Affinity Designer & Photo posts scattered all over the place.

Sure it's a big deal to change the structure of the forum, and almost OT here. But this is just another example why it needs to change.

I used DESIGNER tag when creating this topic.

------
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Hello,

This is my first post here having purchased Affinity Designer/Photo.

I purchased Affinity Designer on November 18th and promptly received the emails to download the software. I am not sure if it was my fault or something happened to the email, however I did not receive the 3rd email for the free Grade UI Kit. I have been away a lot for the last couple of months and now want to start using Affinity Designer.

I appreciate that it has been a few months, however I did purchase the software with the "free Grade UI Kit" option.

Is it too late ??

Kind Regards,

Clayton

I appreciate that it has been a few months, however I did purchase the software with the "free Grade UI Kit" option.

Is it too late ??

Kind Regards,

Clayton

Hi Clayton, Maybe @Patrick Connor can assist. I guess you saw the #2 post?

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/30006-how-do-i-get-my-free-grade-ui-pack-with-affinity-designer/?p=145500

Michael

------

I purchased Affinity Designer through the Apple Store. I received the receipt from Apple, but I didn't receive a welcome e-mail from Affinity with the link. When I start the application, there is a place to download the UI Kit, I have filled it out twice and I have not received a resulting e-mail. I have checked my junk mail as well, nothing. 

Is there another way to access and download the UI Kit?

Let me know

Thank you in advance.

Jeff

• Staff

Hi Jeff,

The e-mail with the link is only sent for Windows users. Mac users have to click on the link on the Welcome screen and fill-in the form (e-mail) on the webpage to receive it as you have done.

There's no other way to get it. If you sign/fill in again what message appears below the submit button after you click on it?