You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo vs Designer

Can someone explain to me what the difference between Affinity Photo and Designer is?  In the screen shots I've seen, they both look pretty similar.  On a related note, can you create graphics such as logos within Affinity Photo?  I searched Youtube hoping to find this, but all it turned up were logo tutorials using Affinity Designer.  Can you not do logos with Affinity Photo?  Thanks.

I suggest comparing the Affinity Designer & Photo feature lists to see what each one offers. Photo is primarily for photo retouching & RAW image development. Designer is primarily a vector creation app.

In general, Designer would be the normal choice for creating logos.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I suggest comparing the Affinity Designer & Photo feature lists to see what each one offers. Photo is primarily for photo retouching & RAW image development. Designer is primarily a vector creation app.

Thank you!  I was hoping someone would explain it to me in simple terms to make it easy to understand to a newbie like myself.  Now I understand why they are separated and what each one is geared toward.  Thanks!!

• 1 year later...
On 11/29/2016 at 4:51 AM, R C-R said:

Two questions:

1. What would you recommend for 2D texturing for 3D meshes?

2. What would be better for info-graphic resume creation? 

I am a content creator on IMVU. I do the 2D aspects of Game Design as a hobby, but some day, it could turn into something more.

I am also considering using an infographic resume. I have been struggling to find a job. Part of it is because I am a student. I am completing my postgraduate education in a few months, and it might be beneficial to have a tool to make an excellent resume. Since the traditional methods of creating resumes haven't worked for me so far, I want to try something new. Either way, whether or not the infographic resume venture works out, I know that if I got it, I would use it for content creation anyway, as well as adding illustrations to a novel I will resume writing when I don't have to deal with school anymore. It would be nice to know which one would be best for my needs before I look into making a financial investment in something like this. 

Thanks.