You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there,

I work as an artist and am often scanning in my work for archive purposes, sometimes off slides, sometimes off the work itself. I use an Epson scanner for this purpose, which can scan a 35mm slide at up to 6400 dpi, resulting in of course a very large file but occasionally this is useful. More often I'm scanning artworks at 600dpi and I'm wondering what happens to these when I open them in Affinity, or stitch them together in a new document - which of course has a maximum pixel limit of 400dpi.

I understand that 300dpi is the norm, but I can't be the only person scanning in slides which then need manipulating. Any chance of upping the max DPI, or reassuring me that no quality is lost putting higher dpi files into affinity?

I should explain here that I do realise dpi actually has no meaning in the digital realm and expect the file probably opens just a little larger than the prescribed pixel size to account for the extra info contained in the file. 

Would be good to know though,

many thanks.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.