farshadatis

Alignment doesn't work

I can confirm the problem with your file. The text object doesn't respond to any alignment commands.

A duplicate of the existing text object behaves the same way as the original, but an entirely new text object works as expected.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

I can confirm the problem with your file. The text object doesn't respond to any alignment commands.

A duplicate of the existing text object behaves the same way as the original, but an entirely new text object works as expected.

Thanks, I am trying to find out what causes this problem, because it happens randomly with different elements in my file.

Hi Farshadatis

You have some constraints applied to your object (View > Studio > Constraints and observe the top and left lines are not grey/dashed). There is a known issue that objects cannot be aligned if they have constraints set, so we are already aware of this! If you display the Constraints panel and remove those two constraints you'll be able to align the text object.

I ran into this just recently. Are you guys planning to fix this, @Sean P? It's still present in the current beta. Constraints certainly shouldn't prevent the user from intentionally arranging objects, do you agree?

Cheers,

Matt

5 minutes ago, matisso said:

I ran into this just recently. Are you guys planning to fix this, @Sean P? It's still present in the current beta. Constraints certainly shouldn't prevent the user from intentionally arranging objects, do you agree?

Cheers,

Matt

The issue is with the development team, so it is in there hands now. Unfortunately it is not something we can give a date or timeframe to.