You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.5.0 - RC2)

• Staff

The panorama problem that I've described for the previous Beta/RC's is still present in this update. I am getting exactly the same behavior showing up for my band group shot.  I can provide original 4 jpegs if you want to check this for yourself. The panorama process works properly in 1.4.3.  

Hi alan48

If you send the jpegs to support@seriflabs.com I'll investigate.

Thank you

Justin

• Staff

mfarooqi,

This is a release candidate! No last minute changes will happen, especially not the scale you're suggesting. And after release this beta thread will be passè, may I move your post to the suggestion forum where it belongs?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

When having a mask on a layer, I sometimes can give it a name, sometimes I can't. It depends on where I click first. Should I be able to rename a mask?

When recording a macro:

- It isn't possible to select multiple layers and create a group. I see an error popping up, stating 'Cannot record 'Set current selection'' when trying.

- When outside the group, It isn't possible to select a layer in the group directly. One must 1st select the parent group, then the child in a 2nd step.

- After entering a group, I cannot select a layer in a group by name. Only by child number. After selecting a layer in a group, I can select the next one by name.

- It isn't possible to select a mask directly. One must 1st select the parent layer, then the child in a 2nd step.

Just trying to automate my workflow a bit. I'm looking forward to see the macros in the release version.

Good work, keep going!

After running a macro, a selected layer remains selected. A selected mask results in no selection.

When creating a group in a macro, the group is closed after running the macro. Even if it contains the actually selected layer. It would be nicer to show the content of the group with the layer selected.

Just wondering: why does it take 58.7MB to save a set of 6 macros, 33 steps altogether?

Digging into it, it takes about 700 bytes to save a single step, but a layer copy/paste takes more than the original image size.

Does it include the copy buffer when exporting the macro?

It is possible to have multiple layers with identical names. But when recording a macro, I can choose to select a layer by it's name. This doesn't define the layer clearly. It would be better to allow only unique layer names.

UI note: shouldn't the Record button in Macros be dull red when not recording and Bright red when recording?

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Might be the reason why RC2 doesn't launch?

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: @rpath/../Frameworks/libliblf.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/Affinity Photo Beta.app/Contents/Frameworks/liblibpersona.dylib
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
/Applications/Affinity Photo Beta.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/../Frameworks/libliblf.dylib: code signature invalid for '/Applications/Affinity Photo Beta.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/../Frameworks/libliblf.dylib'

Nana,

Thanks - we have now fixed the issue for RC3 :)

Andy.

Hi Andy,

Thank you so much.  I am able to open the RAW files without issues in RC5 and the new GM seed as well.

Thank you and your team for your hard work and getting this new release to us. 

Kind Regards,

Nana

mfarooqi,

This is a release candidate! No last minute changes will happen, especially not the scale you're suggesting. And after release this beta thread will be passè, may I move your post to the suggestion forum where it belongs?

Yes please.. :) go ahead

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.