Mufetka

Pressure sensitivity on tablet Wacom Intuos doesn't work

Hi,

I've just bought Affinity Designer for Windows (I have Windows 8.1 pro).

Unfortunately, pressure sensitivity on my tablet Wacom Intuos doesn't work. I've read everything related to this topic and tried every solution written on this forum. Still, nothing works for me :(

I really need the solution, cause this feature is very needed in my commercial project - frankly speaking, I bought Affinity mostly because of this project, so I hope you'll find solution in the nearest future.

Hey Mufetka,

As you have mentioned, we have a few users on the forum with the same issue as you and to my knowledge, development are still looking into it. I do believe there may be a conflict of software causing this as some users have reported the same tablet working on another PC.

I'll raise this again for you.

I realized yesterday that on AD purchased, pressure detection comes and goes when triggering the Wacom's panel, when changing settings. Seems to loose it or recover it when touching something there. In case serves as a clue.

Wish list :
[AP] Hiding the brush outline, as an option at preferences.

[AP] Little change (added option) to color picker (color selector) 
And...fixing certain lag in the brush at small features/start of lines, and also, jitter when zoomed-out ....pretty pluuuueaaaze ? :)
Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7 860 dinosaur 8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.

I have the same problem with a PenPower Picasso tablet on windows 10 - 64bit. I downloaded and reinstalled the latest driver and no luck. Tablet pressure has no effect and I made sure pressure is properly selected. Everything works fine using my Photoshop elements 9. Tablet also does not work in the Affinity Photo beta. 

2 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Hi, I have an Intuos 5 on my desk and it works fine. Do you have latest drivers installed? Have you enabled pressure on your selected brush (or chosen force pressure on context bar)?

Hi Mark, thank you for your reply.

Yes, I've checked the latest drivers. Well, if I woudn't have tried all options that I can see in the interface, I woudn't have bothered anyone else :) But thanks for the idea.

Just now, Mufetka said:

Hi Mark, thank you for your reply.

Yes, I've checked the latest drivers. Well, if I woudn't have tried all options that I can see in the interface, I woudn't have bothered anyone else :) But thanks for the idea.

Which Intuos do you have?

I have an Intros pro with the latest version of Affinity Designer. Pressure sensitivity doesn't work at all. It does work with Illustrator, Photoshop and Painter. When will there be a fix for this. Not really a worthwhile product without it. Thanks

7 hours ago, Chicago said:

I have an Intros pro with the latest version of Affinity Designer. Pressure sensitivity doesn't work at all. It does work with Illustrator, Photoshop and Painter. When will there be a fix for this. Not really a worthwhile product without it. Thanks

Have you made sure you've enabled pressure in the brush editor, or pressed the Force Pressure button on the context bar?

Just chiming in to say Iv got a intuos pro M, and pressure works and has worked fine for me on both designer and photo.  Sounds like a setup issue you guys are having, if it makes any difference I still havent upgraded to creators on win10 yet, so im using build 1607 I believe.

I agree with the temperamental aspect...My Wacom intuos pro 4 xl tends to say goodbye in occasions when this Windows 7 enters in suspend mode. When I wake it up, I often have to just hit "Run..." "Services.msc" (it remmebers it, so is pretty fast, tho (thinking on making a script with a desktop icon, lol)) , then just restart the service . Wacom drivers indeed have a history of issues everywhere. They indeed mess with "cintiq alternative" devices (which drivers in some cases can be even worse), lots of users (even some heavy weights, influencers) even went as far as marking a device as "bad", while all the issue was easily solved just wiping totally the wacom's drivers, then, install. And don't get me wrong, Wacom is _superb_, and doesn't get really in the way once well configured. But is definitely  often causing issues. (once you "catch" them, you are fine, and since then, you know how to deal with it so they wont get in the way anymore)

Wish list :

And...fixing certain lag in the brush at small features/start of lines, and also, jitter when zoomed-out ....pretty pluuuueaaaze ? :)
Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7 860 dinosaur 8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.

Mark,

But I know problem that uninstalled old drivers can causes. In my  8 years career I've used this tablet with Adobe Suite, Painter, Zbrush and also all free software I could find, on many working stations and I never have problems like with Affinity Designer. And I wonder why, if you know that people will be using this software that most likely are familiar with similar or much more complex interfaces, why your advice is like: do you enabled this function?  I've started this subject a year ago. Honestly, my expieriences with your product is frustrating one. I lost my money and time, but you don't seem to care.

I suppose you are trying with the latest Designer version... Mufetka, I have intuos 4 (XL size), too.And what is pressure, is working here..... Pls, Send me a direct forum PM me if you'e fine with doing so. We might talk in a more agile way, there are some tricks and stuff. I have it working here, but that doesn't mean it has to be working there. There's definitely different factors in your system, the key might be to catch them, I guess (if we do, we could post here the solution, would benefit maybe other people, probably). 

Wish list :

55 minutes ago, Mufetka said:

Mark,

But I know problem that uninstalled old drivers can causes. In my  8 years career I've used this tablet with Adobe Suite, Painter, Zbrush and also all free software I could find, on many working stations and I never have problems like with Affinity Designer. And I wonder why, if you know that people will be using this software that most likely are familiar with similar or much more complex interfaces, why your advice is like: do you enabled this function?  I've started this subject a year ago. Honestly, my expieriences with your product is frustrating one. I lost my money and time, but you don't seem to care.

We do care @Mufetka, but the problem is, we can't reproduce your issues. We have many different Wacom and Huion devices here in the office, and they all work with Affinity Designer / Photo. If you can work with us to identify the problem, then that would be good. We have to check the basics, like enabling pressure, because some users complain that pressure doesn't work, and that's because they haven't enabled it.

I know this is an old trend, but just in case people still have this issue, I solved the problem checking the "Windows Ink" box in the Wacom properties window.  It didn't work at first, but then I closed and relaunched the app and it worked. 

The Windows Ink think has solved the issues to other cases... And in other apps I use, is the opposite way : deactivating it is when it makes stuff work. Indeed, is the more common thing to happen. I did not have any of those issues (only the ones related to the engine). There are a bunch of apps having issues with tablets, indeed...

Wish list :

This problem had stumped me for months until just now! I noticed in the control bar of the vector brush that the controller was set to "none". Now I have it set to "Pressure" and it works like a charm for my Intuos Draw tablet. I honestly wondered if it was some sort of setting misconfiguration for me since the Windows Ink Workspace had pressure sensitivity. Also, I remember setting my brush in Affinity to Velocity for size variability and it still didn't work. I have been puzzled for honestly a year about this and the solution was staring me in the face the whole time!