You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Control stroke brush pressure on canvas

Currently the pressure of the stroke's brush can be configured in a separate panel as seen in the attached image.

Especially for more complex curves I find it very hard to adjust the graph in the panel to correctly match the segments of the curve. It would be really great to have a tool that shows the control points of the pressure graph directly on the canvas next to the spline so that the thickness of the path can adjusted in an immediate feedback loop. I imagine the controls something like in the second attached file.

post-24892-0-34763200-1480337429_thumb.png

post-24892-0-40253900-1480337676_thumb.png

Just sth I found out the other day: Right clicking on those curve points deletes them. IMO, wasn't so obvious to me... ;)

About the suggestion, yep, that would be faster.

Although am quite more into the efforts of improving the actual brush engine, so I'd do that just inking naturally.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

I meant, right clicking on a dot in the pressure curve editor, actually deletes that dot. 

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

I'd love to see improvements on this widget for future versions.

• An "unbound stroke endings" option, to have an independent control over starting and ending points of my curve.
  • The possibility to manipulate single point interpolation, to create easily for example a "sawtooth" profile.

Also I think that a direct manipulation tool on canvas would be an awesome addition, not only for size, but for opacity and colour too.

This could cover much more advanced workflows.

Somebody long time ago asked the possibility to have an "analytic input" fo this curve too...

I remember some developers liked this.  :)

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

MattP said he intends to do something like this suggestion but it will probably be 10x better, he's so Chingon... Can't wait for this!

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/4394-view-pressure-curvegradient-for-strokes-command/?fromsearch=1

I'd love to see improvements on this widget for future versions.

• An "unbound stroke endings" option, to have an independent control over starting and ending points of my curve.
  • The possibility to manipulate single point interpolation, to create easily for example a "sawtooth" profile.
Also I think that a direct manipulation tool on canvas would be an awesome addition, not only for size, but for opacity and colour too.

This could cover much more advanced workflows.

Somebody long time ago asked the possibility to have an "analytic input" fo this curve too...

I remember some developers liked this. :)

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17