You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Man in space

wordsberry

Nice abstract gradient in the space ship flame! How did you achieve that effect? Drawing to a grid and then rounding of with the corner tool?

The ship itself looks a bit light and flat imo.

Regarding the astronaut: the purple helmet looks a bit void, A darker base with highlight or planet reflection might give it a bit more depth. The composition could do with a bit more hierarchy, I think. As it is the planet and the astronaut are about the same size and sit next to each other in the middle.

Nice abstract gradient in the space ship flame! How did you achieve that effect? Drawing to a grid and then rounding of with the corner tool?

The ship itself looks a bit light and flat imo.

Regarding the astronaut: the purple helmet looks a bit void, A darker base with highlight or planet reflection might give it a bit more depth. The composition could do with a bit more hierarchy, I think. As it is the planet and the astronaut are about the same size and sit next to each other in the middle.

Thanks - both felt really weird, I just couldn't figure out what to fix .. I'll try reposting a newer version if I can.

The flames were created with a corner tool. Basically a bunch of rectangles stacked next to each other which were joined with an ellipse and then I pulled a corner of the ellipse to create a triangular shape