You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Eye dropper seem to be broken in Source: Current Layer

Current layer appears to be broken. So if I...

1) paint a layer with green

2) paint a layer with blue

3) set the blue layer to 50% opacity

4) Make sure the blue layer is current

5) set the eye dropper to Source: Current Layer

6) It will pick a color that's greenish blue, not blue like I would suspect

Can someone confirm this bug?

- Neil

I was going to check this out, but I can't find the option Source: Current Layer.

Also, it seems the shortcut for the eye dropper it's supposed to be the usual "i", which it doesn't seem to do anything here.

The only eye dropper I can see is the one in the color and swatches panels, but there's no source option.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

• Staff

Hi guys,

I can reproduce the wrong colour being picked. It only affects Windows so I'll log this.

I also was missing the Colour Picker. Adding it from View > Customise Tools fixed it but so did resetting the app. It was fixed in build .38 but it looks like the AppData folder where the settings are stored didn't flush the old settings out or something. 

Thanks

[...]

I also was missing the Colour Picker. Adding it from View > Customise Tools fixed it but so did resetting the app. It was fixed in build .38 but it looks like the AppData folder where the settings are stored didn't flush the old settings out or something. 

Thanks

Hey Chris,

I checked but I can't find the eyedropper anywhere between the tools:

Untitled.jpg

But it was there in the previous release:

Clipboard01.jpg

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti

Hey verysame,

It is located in the 'Customise Tools' dialog. It looks like you've gone into the 'Customise Toolbar' one instead. Easy mistake! Let me know if you see in now. Thanks :)

ha!

Thank you, Chris.

Andrew
-

• 1 year later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.