You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Multi] Color Coding For Layers

Summary: Would love to see the ability to color code layers with a set of premade colors. This would affect the Layers UI, not the image itself.

Usage: A great way of organizing layers. I can color code all my text layers Blue, all my painted layers Red, some special effects layers green. Then when I am trying to find those layers inside a 300 layer file, it's easier to find them then by name alone.

Thanks!

- Neil

• 2 weeks later...

Right click on layer and select properties...

Could you post a screen grab? It seems there's no properties on the right click here.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

It only works on layers - must have (Layer) on the layer stack name...

AD allows the creation of Layers, as distinct from Objects or Groups, while AP does not allow the creation of Layers, unless you duplicate an existing Layer and then replace its contents in the Layers panel. Once you have a Layer selected and right click on it, you will see the Properties… at the bottom of the pop-up menu, in either app, since all Affinity apps use the same format and allow editability of objects not created in the current app, ie, editing AP Live Filters within AD. Here's the screengrab:

post-1105-0-58833700-1480982189_thumb.png

Could you post a screen grab? It seems there's no properties on the right click here.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

My first instinct was that the colour highlight is very subtle!

Just a single pixel line where I was expecting it to tint the whole folder.

Perhaps it is sufficient.

Time will tell I guess!

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Can we please have this for AP.

Please :)

High-End Photographic Prints

• 1 month later...

Yes, please! Coming from Photoshop, I miss color coding my layers/groups in Affinity Photo. It's a nice way to organize your document. Is this feature planned and when can we expect it to be implemented?

Thanks so much! AF is an impressive piece of software, so far I like it! :)

Affinity Photo 2.4.2 for Windows  OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 ver. 22H2  CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core  RAM: 64 GB DDR5-6400  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB / driver 526.98  NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB  Monitors: 2x Eizo ColorEdge CS2420 24"