You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD Windows freebies for Mac users?

I know the Grade UI Kit is free for Mac AD users, but more for curiosity's sake than anything else, I would like to know what the DAUB Essentials & Box Set content "packs" include & if they are available to Mac AD users for free or if not what they cost if bought separately.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I registered to chime in that I too, would like to know this.

Although in all honesty, I am starting to get a bit miffed by:

1. Prohibitively expensive shipping cost of Affinity Design Workbook to Australia and unavailability of eBook version.
  2. Windows users getting more freebies when purchasing than Mac ones.
  3. Indifference towards making linux version (I'm not as insistent as a lot of other linux users, but the post by Ness pretty much sums up my thoughts).

<bump>

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I would like to know if the DAUB and Box Set brushes are available for Mac users, especially ones who just recently purchased Designer.

If so, how would Mac users go about claiming them? 

(If not, why not? It's just a little bit "off" that the Windows freebies are different from the Mac ones, so close to the two offers.)

Thanks in advance,

-Neil

I am a bit annoyed that I kept getting this offer to purchase the windows version considering I am a Mac user that purchased the Mac version of Designer (and Photo), and that the offer for the freebies was only for the windows version.

It feels like you left your faithful Mac users out in the cold on this one.

Rob

I am a bit annoyed that I kept getting this offer to purchase the windows version considering I am a Mac user that purchased the Mac version of Designer (and Photo), and that the offer for the freebies was only for the windows version.

It feels like you left your faithful Mac users out in the cold on this one.

Rob

Very true! The reminder email about a Windows version sale and its freebies is a bit of a slap in the face.

-Neil

Personally, I don't mind if Windows users get something for free that Mac users do not. After all, we Mac users had AD & AP couple of years before they got a beta of AD & they still do not have a retail version of AP. Surely, they deserve something for their patience?

Anyway, I just want to know what is in the two 'extra freebies,' & if I can buy just some part of whatever is if that is all I am interested in.

Affinity Photo 

DAUB Essentials is five brush sets (one vector and four raster) plus forty seamless paper textures by Paolo Limoncelli. The Box Set comprises the brushes offered here by Jef Brown.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

The Daub Essentials and The Box set that were included with the Windows launch offer are not available to Mac users, no, and are no longer available to new Windows purchases either.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Why were Mac users getting the Windows offers anyways?

If it was hopefully relay it to our Windows-using friends, it's a bit of an odd move to essentially imply "Tell your friends about the software that you already know is awesome... and we'll give them some extra free stuff if they buy it. But as a loyal user/supporter you can't have that free stuff yourself, neither for your support nor for the referral."

(By the way, I help run the marketing for a software distributor, so I know how easy it is differentiate between one's current users on one platform and one's potential users on another platform.)

-Neil

• Staff

By the way, I help run the marketing for a software distributor, so I know how easy it is differentiate between one's current users on one platform and one's potential users on another platform.

-Neil

Your general point is taken, but as we do not have a list of our Mac users, as they bought untraceably (quite right too) through the Apple App Store, then knowing who not to tell on a mailing list is occasionally tricky....  

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon